• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

I would like to know how many free throws the Knights have shot in the second half. Seems like every possession.

I will never for the life of me understand why Van Horn plays so much.
I'll never understand why he shoots anything outside of a layup on offense. He's offensively very far behind most of the team. The other team leaves him open on purpose. He's got to give up the ball unless he has a shorter midrange shot or closer.

Manning insists that minutes have to be earned, even during this time of year. That's the only logical explanation.

When did Van Horn earn minutes? Why was he allowed to earn minutes?

He shot .091% last year from 3. That's pretty good.

VanHorn's bio indicates he was pretty good in high school. It's amazing how none of that really translates at this level. It looks like I could be out there.

He shot .091% last year from 3. That's pretty good.

VanHorn's bio indicates he was pretty good in high school. It's amazing how none of that really translates at this level. It looks like I could be out there.

Surely you mean 9.1%?

Good to get experience against home cooking.

Chill will be our starting PG before long, I think. He makes shit happen and protects the ball. He has phenomenal IQ. Crawford would move to SG.

He apparently has earned them in the limited # of practices they've had. Whatever the case, I'm not worried about the excessive PT he's getting in the Bahamas. When the real season gets here, he'll be on the bench. I share your frustration in terms of not seeing Rich Washington or Donovan Mitchell getting more minutes this week.

That pass is not as easy as it looks.

Brandon will not beat Bryant out to be our starting PG.

That performance was pitiful. Akron beat those clowns by 50. Disappointing on many levels. I realize it is August in the Bahamas but still. The Toronto team we handled yesterday is 25 points better than this crew. Not sure they would beat WSSU. TVH getting major minutes? Crawford throwing the ball all over the gym? Rarely playing 2 posts together? Not a good use of the last 2 hours of my life.

Don't stop it, we need to humiliate CGT Knights and let them know their place!

It's hard to be a Wake fan. 4 years of BZface. Manning seems to be an upgrade in almost all areas, but he is like an alien who has never seen a basketball when it comes to playing time.

He definitely cost us wins last year and if he does not get his shit together it will cost wins this year as well. Might cost him his job. It's like he has some kind of unexplainable blind spot.

It is enormously frustrating to watch.

That game was way less entertaining without the fat ref. From now on, every basketball game should have one fat ref. And if a fat ref is not available, one skinny ref has to run around the whole game with a spare basketball tucked in his shirt.

So what was the final score? The sad think about DM is that he never will lower himself to explain his lineups or rotations. Just to damn proud to answer a reasonable question

Back