• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Preseason Bahamas Basketball Thread

Must be team building.

Yes it is an exhibition. But I continue to just amazed by the lineups DM puts on the floor.

Woods is good, Childress a great addition, SJM tons of potential, and Wash and Mitchell have real size for their positions.

So what was the final score? The sad think about DM is that he never will lower himself to explain his lineups or rotations. Just to damn proud to answer a reasonable question

90-78. We look like a very good men's lunchtime YMCA squad. Coaching is fucking horrendous.

So what was the final score? The sad think about DM is that he never will lower himself to explain his lineups or rotations. Just to damn proud to answer a reasonable question

It's a game in the Bahamas in August against a team called the CTG Knights in the midst of three straights games. If you don't think he's going to play a bunch of different players in different rotations, you're nuts.

It's a game in the Bahamas in August against a team called the CTG Knights in the midst of three straights games. If you don't think he's going to play a bunch of different players in different rotations, you're nuts.

This. Now if we see this many minutes from Van Horrible come real play, Houston we have a problem.

Yep. Last year was like a revolving door of posters saying "Player X needs to sit, what is Manning thinking" then that player would sit and his replacement would blow. Outside of pretty much everyone wanting to see more of Doral Moore and the argument over whether his conditioning issues were real or not, there's no "I told you so" that actually worked out last year. And that's despite the vast majority of posters (myself included) second guessing every lineup. At some point everyone got to see their "dream lineup" and it turned out we just had a bunch of flawed players. Put in Codi and we couldn't shoot. Play more Wilbekin and we couldn't stop anyone. Give Collins more early minutes and he'd pick up 4 fouls 5 minutes into the 2nd half. I mean, there's VanHorn paranoia here even though in our last 20 games last year he only played more than 5 minutes twice with 12 DNP's.

Gotta love all the posts about not overreacting to exhibition games right before overreacting to exhibition games. The number of posters who seem to honestly think Manning doesn't understand lineups continues to crack me up.

Meh

I think we all agree that van horn should never play and collins/Moore should play as much as possible

Manning keeps fucking around and not doing any of that

Buckets, go back a few pages.The little JC/Doral PT this week is logically explained. Last year they didn't play much together because we had on of the very few players who averaged a double/double ahead of them and he was a senior. Add to that, neither could play long without fouling.

Meh

I think we all agree that van horn should never play and collins/Moore should play as much as possible

Manning keeps fucking around and not doing any of that

And an exhibition is a low risk time to do that.

Cant wait for Van Horn to play 40 minutes tomorrow, lighting it up 1-for-13 from deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And an exhibition is a low risk time to do that.
Completely agree but I don't think questions about Manning's rotations are unfounded

Probably why everyone is so worried already

Back