• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

if anyone has a clip/vine of the barkley through ball to theo today, plz post, i keep reading about it on the twitters

This is some kind of mushing, voodoo, jinxing.

Actually, that's just my honest opinion. They seem the best team to me - City is really dependent on a couple of players who can't seem to stay healthy, Chelsea is old and a mess and I just don't trust LvG's United quite as much as maybe I should. Those are the only 4 clubs that could possibly win a title, and Arsenal just appears to be the best of them to me.

And if I could jinx a club out of winning a title, it'd have been Chelsea last season - or every season.

He is a band-aid not a cure is all I meant. He gets fired, saves some club's ass from relegation, sucks the next season, gets fired...rinse, repeat. No doubt if you're in the relegation zone you love him, and no doubt halfway into the next season you're firing him.
Oh, I agree he's not a cure-all; I'm not sure anybody would claim he was. But has he ever been fired in the middle of a season? Has one of his teams ever been relegated? Has he ever been fired after only a single year on the job? You're being disingenuous.

I feel reasonably certain that, without much effort, I could meet that standard

That's over 1.4 points per match. Given the clubs he's been at and the players he's had, that's pretty fucking good.

He doesn't play sexy football and I'd hate to have him ever manage a club I supported, but you have to recognize his ability to get bottom tier teams to play hard and get results.

That's over 1.4 points per match. Given the clubs he's been at and the players he's had, that's pretty fucking good.

He doesn't play sexy football and I'd hate to have him ever manage a club I supported, but you have to recognize his ability to get bottom tier teams to play hard and get results.
True

Oh, I agree he's not a cure-all; I'm not sure anybody would claim he was. But has he ever been fired in the middle of a season? Has one of his teams ever been relegated? Has he ever been fired after only a single year on the job? You're being disingenuous.

From To G W D L Win%

Preston North England 30 September 1992 30 November 1992 12 3 4 5 25.00 2 months, fired mid-season
Notts County England 16 January 1997 14 October 1999 145 56 39 50 38.62 >2 years, fired mid-season
Newcastle United England 15 May 2007 9 January 2008 24 8 6 10 33.33 <1 year, fired mid-season
Blackburn Rovers England 17 December 2008 13 December 2010 86 30 23 33 34.88 2 years, fired mid-season

Bolton and West Ham I'll give you. I'm not being disingenuous. The formatting isn't translating sorry.

Last edited:
Typical ONW dumbness. Both Newcastle and Blackburn went essentially straight down after they canned him

FWIW, Blackburn was widely panned for firing him. And Newcastle is Newcastle

This is fantastic

12105826_10153027298891290_3637635603923365095_n.jpg

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-...-liverpool-job-and-gets-reply-from-chief-exec

@101greatgoals: Breaking: Newcastle confirm Tim Krul will miss the rest of the season due to a ruptured cruciate ligament.

Wonder if these reports about Lewandowski to Liverpool have any merit.

I doubt it. Natural for the speculators to start tossing rumors around for change, but Klopp said he wouldn't make a ton of changes. He needs time to evaluate the roster and one has to wonder if the purse strings are tight for this season given Brenden's spending spree over the summer.

Loved that Job Application Story.

Never seemed to be Klopp's style to buy established star players anyways - he likes the young guys who will run their legs off for him.

Back