• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Yeah, I'm crushed too. Klopp is awesome, and Liverpool doesn't deserve him.

Vad, is it fair to say that Liverpool and Dortmund have some similarities in that they're both depressed working class towns with large, rabid fan bases? And while Liverpool obviously have a ton of history, I wonder how much the challenge of building them in the way he did Dortmund appealed to Klopp.

Vad, is it fair to say that Liverpool and Dortmund have some similarities in that they're both depressed working class towns with large, rabid fan bases? And while Liverpool obviously have a ton of history, I wonder how much the challenge of building them in the way he did Dortmund appealed to Klopp.

Yeah, it's a perfect fit. My Everton (born and grew up in Liverpool) buddy and I were chatting yesterday over a few beers about just that - Dortmund is Liverpool. Really blue collar towns with enormous, rabid, overly emotional fanbases who eat up his gung-ho style and media personality. Clubs with local rivals they love to talk down to (Klopp used to rag on Schalke constantly, sure he'll do the same to Everton) and have developed a very unhealthy little brother / big brother relationship with another team in the league who has been much more successful in recent years (Bayern / United).

Goddammit. This is making me so sad. I fucking love Klopp and he's just going to make obnoxious ass Liverpool fans even worse.

Just the kind of trolling comments Everton is in for - one time he was asked about explaining winning the Bundesliga to Schalke and he flippantly replied "I don't know, how do you explain color to a blind man?"

Cool video of a nutmeg master abusing the Man Citeh academy team. Reminds me of this

JNfN77x.jpg

Who will be the next manager sacked? The new Sunderland manager, whoever that turns out to be, is 5th favorite.

CQ0KUVLWgAAYN0l.jpg

His actual passing stats are really good - he just looks 'clumsy' doing it so people believe he isn't good at it.
LFC Stats ‏@LFCData 5h5 hours ago

Mamadou Sakho has completed 93% of his passes in the PL this season - the best % at Liverpool. #LFC

Against Everton:
37/38 passes completed
100% tackles won
75% headers won
7 clearances
1 block

Fair enough. Though I wonder how many of those passes are anything more than glorified hand-offs to deep lying midfielders or other defenders. The guy has the grace of a gazelle on a frozen pond with the ball at his feet. Still prefer him over Skrtel and Lovren for sure. Anyway, this is the most excited I've been about Liverpool since our title run. Just wish Klopp had an easier schedule to ease into. Tottenham (a), Southampton (h), and Chelsea (a) is a hell of a start regardless of how shit Chelsea have been.

Sakho is not a good ball playing defender.

I do like him as a defender tho. He's like Phil Jones.

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Was positive we would throw around names like Klopp and Ancelotti and end up with De Boer (best case) or someone like Villas-Boas.

That's great that you can bet on manager to be named later to be the next manager fired.

Did they even interview any African-American candidates?

Did they even interview any African-American candidates?

No. Ben Carson was busy. Actually, now that you mention it, I can't think of a black coach in the "big 5" leagues. I'm sure I'm missing someone obvious.

In absolutely stunning news that absolutely nobody saw coming ... Schweinsteiger is injured.

LOL, you had me check for nothing, you jackass.

"For Schweinsteiger I will need to see. The medical staff said two or three days rest," Loew said.

Back