• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Yeah, that Spurs match was hard to watch - perfect Pulis weather with the wind blowing trash all over the field and it was kind of just a rock fight. I guess in the past Spurs would have lost that match, but still ... eh. Kind of disappointing not to win once 1-0 up.

who's the cutie sitting behind the bournemouth manager?

wooooooooo.

early december and leicester is winning and chelsea near relegation

Worth remembering Lester needed a great escape to avoid releg last year. Basically every time the new season starts and that momentum goes away.

Not this time

After City, Spurs and United all dropped points, you would think Liverpool would have come out with a purpose yesterday.

Liverpool aren't good. Average GK. Average defense. Average midfield. Stunted attack with Sturridge not healthy.

United aren't good either but have an amazing GK and a pretty solid defense. Just a stunted attack with negative tactics and a lack of invention going forward.

Liverpool aren't good. Average GK. Average defense. Average midfield. Stunted attack with Sturridge not healthy.

Their midfield is decidedly better than average.

Yesterday's performance was Jurgen trying to get away with a half-assed, rotated squad. I think the tactics were off yesterday as well. Nothing was working, even when they had good possession.

I really don't think they're using Benteke properly. He's a very good player that can both hold up play and be a target man.

Lucas and Allen are below average. Henderson is alright but nothing special. Same for Milner. Can works hard but is limited. Their midfield is average.

Lucas and Allen are below average. Henderson is alright but nothing special. Same for Milner. Can works hard but is limited. Their midfield is average.

I think your point is that their central midfield is average. My view is that Can and Henderson as a pair should be better than average, particularly in Klopp's system.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I mean by midfield. I consider wingers/attacking mids to be a part of the attack, so didn't include the brilliant Coutinho. Also didn't include the garbage Lallana.

I think your point is that their central midfield is average. My view is that Can and Henderson as a pair should be better than average, particularly in Klopp's system.

Yeah, I can see it because they have the legs to not give the opponent any time on the ball, which should lead to more poor passes and turnovers. Just not convinced by either going forward, although Henderson did do well contributing to the attack last season -- 6 goals, 9 assists is pretty solid.

I'm really high on Emre Can, so I just can't agree about the midfield being average. Unless Joe Allen is a part of it. In which case it's below average.

Really high on Can yet really low on Firmino

I renounce our e-friendship. Good day, sir.

maybe firmino will adjust to the league, but he has not shown me a single thing this season

can was in a bad way under rodgers

he is a very skilled player imo

that assist against soton is a good example - his foot skills are really superb, and i dig his work rate too

Yeah, sorry, that's what I mean by midfield. I consider wingers/attacking mids to be a part of the attack, so didn't include the brilliant Coutinho. Also didn't include the garbage Lallana.

Putting aside the obvious point that Rodgers significantly overpaid for Lallana, he's looked good under Klopp. I thought Liverpool missed his work rate in the first hour of the game yesterday. Sadly, it's a serious indictment of the squad when you miss the presence of a guy who probably shouldn't be more than a squad player.

Back