• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

both were clumsy, bad tackles

tackles are a part of football

and I still see irony in this coming from west ham, recently penalized by the FA for failing to control their players (and more players sent off than any other side in the league)

Uh, no irony there. The former was for some Chelsea-esque swarming after a legitimately bad call (which was later overturned by the FA, I think).

Also, I'm not sure a single one of those red cards was for a "dangerous" tackle. They were all for last-man tackles after stupid errors or double-yellows.

Doesn't really change the calculus that Everton are not a dirty club and your diatribes are dumb

Doesn't really change the calculus that Everton are not a dirty club and your diatribes are dumb
Doesn't "change the calculus" that a player on your club ended the season of our most exciting player in a decade with a clumsy and reckless tackle.

Also, you brought it up, not me.

Injuries happen. Get over it.

And Payet will be back before the season is over.

mccarthy is just not that type of player. he's a good lad. he didn't mean any harm. he just never learned how to tackle.

mccarthy is just not that type of player. he's a good lad. he didn't mean any harm. he just never learned how to tackle.

he also came up in a scottish academy where those kinds of tackles are just practice level tackles

Yeah, MC, you have a game this morning...

The "böser Junge" of Austrian football is tearing City a new one!

Arnautovic definitely has the rep of the hard partying problem child of Austrian football (he's from a kind of "rough" blue collar neighborhood of Vienna and is well known at a number of dingy bars and dance halls in the city), but he's quite talented. Been a big part of the stunning success of the Austrian national team the past year.

Yeah. Arnautovic is a fucking terrific player when he's not being an idiot off the pitch. He had a kid recently, so maybe he's getting his shit together. I mean, he was at Inter under Mourinho early in his career, the talent has always been there. And Shaqiri actually appears to have finally made it to Stoke and replaced the impostor that had been there in his place.

Back