• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

So ... United are now 6 points off a CL spot. Seems the top 4 as it is right now will stay the same to the end of the season, now it's a dog fight to grab the title.

So ... United are now 6 points off a CL spot. Seems the top 4 as it is right now will stay the same to the end of the season, now it's a dog fight to grab the title.

IT IS FEBRUARY.

THERE ARE STILL 39 POINTS TO PLAY FOR

I mean, here's the thing, if Blind doesn't step there on Chelsea's goal (inexplicably) and United win 1-0 today then the club are 4 points back with 13 left to play and you don't make such a comment. It's just such a reactionary comment to a late goal. Basically it is making a massive deal out of 2 points in one game...in February.

I mean, here's the thing, if Blind doesn't step there on Chelsea's goal (inexplicably) and United win 1-0 today then the club are 4 points back with 13 left to play and you don't make such a comment. It's just such a reactionary comment to a late goal. Basically it is making a massive deal out of 2 points in one game...in February.

Yes - and no. As you said there are 39 points left to play for, but the reality is that 39 points isn't that many (as history as shown - there's normally not much movement in the table by this point in the season). For example - for United to make up 6 points by the end of the season playing at ... let's be generous here ... 2.12 points per game (the same as Leicester has to this point this season), they would get 27 points from those 39. That means City would need to get no more than 21 (1.6 points per game, or the pace that United and West Ham have played at to this point in the season).

So in short - if United suddenly plays like Leicester has to this point in the season and City plays like United have ... then United will possibly squeak 4th by 1 point. Otherwise, it's out of reach. The reality is that 13 games isn't that many, and clawing back 6 points (or .5 point per matchday) is very difficult to do. Yes, stuff like that has happened before. It's just not very likely to happen, that's all.

That goes for the title chase as well, by the way. Spurs or Arsenal have to claw back 5 points in 13 matches on Leicester, and Spurs don't get the benefit of playing them anymore either. It doesn't sound like much, but the reality is that being .5 point better per week is very, very difficult to do.

Reads like a guy used to his team finding any way to get out of the CL spots trying to convince himself his team will really be safely in this time

Reads like a guy used to his team finding any way to get out of the CL spots trying to convince himself his team will really be safely in this time

I picked up on a little of this as well.

But this is vad. The guy that says that Harry Kane and Dalle Ali are taking over the world.

Nah, more like a guy who's tried to convince himself so many times that "we're only 5 points off 4th" and realize just how far back that really is.

Spurs aren't safe though, especially with the stupid EL matches causing tons of fixtures. A serious injury to Kane and ... it's probably RIP.

I picked up on a little of this as well.

But this is vad. The guy that says that Harry Kane and Dalle Ali are taking over the world.

Heh, Kane and Alli ARE taking over the world. And if you had either at United this thread would be *SPOOGE* *SPOOGE* *SPOOGE*. Hell - look at how it was around here when it was just Januzaj, and Alli is about 100x the player he is.

Sucks. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Kurt Zouma Verified account ‏@KurtZouma
Scan today has shown I injured my ACL. I will have surgery this week & will come back stronger. Thank you everyone for all the messages
1f64f-1f3fb.png
1f64f-1f3fb.png

just now seeing the highlights. what an absurdly good goal!

Back