• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Milner for Chirivilla. Usually a good thing when you take off your #68 and bring on your #7.

Liverpool has been knocking on the door for a while now.

Such an exciting match. Some dominating play from both sides at times. Impressive performances from the Liverpool youth players.

Great to come through that with a win after losing three players to injury in the match.

Four matches versus Liverpool this season: 7-1 goals, three wins and a draw.

That's certainly never happened before.

In this thread..

Vad calls people a racist
Phan complains about injuries
DV7 fluffs up ManU academy players

Any other memes I'm missing?

Remember when people tried to claim that Benteke was a better player than Lukaku?

LOL

In this thread..

Vad calls people a racist
Phan complains about injuries
DV7 fluffs up ManU academy players

Any other memes I'm missing?

You and siff hate on any player that has ever, in any minor way, hurt American soccer as if that makes you super fans.

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

You and siff hate on any player that has ever, in any minor way, hurt American soccer as if that makes you super fans.

A badge of honor I wear proudly

My only regret is that I have but one life to (give) for my country

Last edited:
Remember when people tried to claim that Benteke was a better player than Lukaku?

LOL

I don't think I was one of the people making that argument (honestly can't recall) but Lukaku has the benefit of a manager who trusts him and relies on him and lets him play through poor form, while Benteke clearly does not. I'd be interested to see how Benteke and Lukaku stack up against one another when you compare Lukaku's Everton's numbers to Benteke's Villa numbers.

Yes - and no. As you said there are 39 points left to play for, but the reality is that 39 points isn't that many (as history as shown - there's normally not much movement in the table by this point in the season). For example - for United to make up 6 points by the end of the season playing at ... let's be generous here ... 2.12 points per game (the same as Leicester has to this point this season), they would get 27 points from those 39. That means City would need to get no more than 21 (1.6 points per game, or the pace that United and West Ham have played at to this point in the season).

So in short - if United suddenly plays like Leicester has to this point in the season and City plays like United have ... then United will possibly squeak 4th by 1 point. Otherwise, it's out of reach. The reality is that 13 games isn't that many, and clawing back 6 points (or .5 point per matchday) is very difficult to do. Yes, stuff like that has happened before. It's just not very likely to happen, that's all.

That goes for the title chase as well, by the way. Spurs or Arsenal have to claw back 5 points in 13 matches on Leicester, and Spurs don't get the benefit of playing them anymore either. It doesn't sound like much, but the reality is that being .5 point better per week is very, very difficult to do.

Tottenham are sitting at 48 points right now. ManU at 41. If the past two years are any indication, Tottenham are going to get 21-22 points and end up at 69-70 points. ManU are going to have to get 30 out of 39 to beat that, and probably 25-27 points to have a shot at 4th. Leicester are at 53 points right now - unless Mahrez gets hurt, there is no way they drop out of the top four. Arsenal and City aren't going to bottle it either.

This weekend will tell us a lot.

Really curious to see what happens with Spurs. I'd usually expect them to fall off about now, which may happen since we're still in 3 competitions. There are also questions over the partnership of Alderwiereld and Wimmer and the ever-present concern of injury to Kane. However, our defensive record and consistency (what?) this season gives me more confidence than usual...

I'd still be happy with 4th from this season. If higher, all the better. Someone pointed out recently how cool it would be to host CL matches in the last season at WHL.

Liverpool changes the ticket pricing plan. A walk out that worked!

Speaking of which, I don't see much green and gold at ManU games these days. Don't remember the club being sold either.

True.

Barney Ronay ‏@barneyronay 16m16 minutes ago

Great news. Just need a mass walk-out about getting a new goalkeeper now

Back