• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

Giroud looks like he gets knocked out (and the West Ham defender looked stunned) but both come right back on after leaving the pitch. Concussion protocols?

Lovren makes the starting lineup. Good game, Stoke.

So yeah, Cech will have better days - but elite keepers don't have shockers like this, ever. He's just ... a guy who used to be elite, but is now pretty average.

Oxford will be a good player. Even in his inexperience, he has looked composed and ready. He's played CB and DM and CM already this pre-season -- look for him holding alongside Noble today. Kouyate will probably be box-to-box and Payet in the advanced role. No clue if we'll see Poyet or a winger? Zarate partnering Sakho? I fully expect to get pounded today, but hopefully we'll play narrow and Payet will create some magic and make Mertesacker look the fool today.

NEG REP FOR PESSIMISM

Brian Sciaretta ‏@BrianSciaretta 10m10 minutes ago Basking Ridge, NJ
Geoff Cameron starting Stoke's season opener in central defense vs Liverpool #USMNT

So fucking frustrated with that performance - would be nice to perform UP to expectations.

NEG REP FOR PESSIMISM

WOO! Hope you were wearing your Tomkins shirt.

Just a fantastic all-around performance. We didn't let Arsenal get going, pressured constantly, and a 16-year old -- in his debut against Arsenal at the Emirates -- absolutely owned Mesut Ozil. And after he went off after sixty something minutes, Ozil sulked for the rest of the game.

Complete match from the Cockney Boys. Jenks will slot right in at RB and we'll buy another striker and we'll be set for an exciting season. Fans were (rightly) slagging the hell out of Slaven for the dismal line-up (performance wasn't actually that bad, for who was on the field) against Astra. It all seems well worth it now, doesn't it.

Poyet impressed me. Ogbanna too.

Come on you sexy sexy Stoke.

I was pretty disgusted with how little time the two involved in the clash of heads were off the pitch. On the replay it looked like giroud was knocked out cold.

I was pretty disgusted with how little time the two involved in the clash of heads were off the pitch. On the replay it looked like giroud was knocked out cold.

I agree with this. Given how the players reacted on the field I thought surely both guys - and especially Giroud - were out of the game for good. And then they both come back on the pitch?! Not the first time I've questioned it and unfortunately won't be the last; the concussion protocols are looking to be a joke.

A Stoke win and a solid GCam performance at CB would be a wonderful gift today. Come on you Potters

Coutinho looks very uninterested. Hope that isn't a product of anything substantial.

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Just checking in to say FUCK LIVERPOOL

Go Geoff!

Having the EPL on at night is so boss. Just another reason why I am strongly going to consider living and teaching here when I finish my Master's next summer.

Back