• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

In the next nine matches Liverpool has Chelsea, Totty, Arsenal, City, and Everton. Need full points against Leicester, Swansea, Hull and Burnley in the middle.

Top 6 mini table (from Red Cafe, I believe):

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4f6e39384755772e706e67

Number of home games left:
Liverpool, Man City - 3
Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs - 2
Man Utd - 1

Number of away games left:
Arsenal, Man Utd - 3
Chelsea, Man City, Spurs - 2
Liverpool - 1

Top 6 mini table (from Red Cafe, I believe):

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f4f6e39384755772e706e67

Number of home games left:
Liverpool, Man City - 3
Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs - 2
Man Utd - 1

Number of away games left:
Arsenal, Man Utd - 3
Chelsea, Man City, Spurs - 2
Liverpool - 1

Am an I idiot? Should Liverpool have the same number of games left as Arsenal, City, etc.? Or is that against the Top 6 left?

On Spurs' defense, general domination.

If Lloris had conceded every shot he faced in the last 4 matches, Spurs still would have taken 10 out of the 12 points.

LOLOLOLOL

that is just so absurd

FIFA's concern is most likely that the club pressured the player to "retire" so as to not lose him for the duration of the tournament. That happens regularly with the AFCON and FIFA seems to be trying to crack down on that kind of behavior. I don't know if they have any evidence of that in this case (and I'm sure it's extremely hard to prove in any event) but you can certainly see where they are coming from. The African football federations regularly get fucked by European clubs over their players and I'm sure they are fed up over it.

FIFA's concern is most likely that the club pressured the player to "retire" so as to not lose him for the duration of the tournament. That happens regularly with the AFCON and FIFA seems to be trying to crack down on that kind of behavior. I don't know if they have any evidence of that in this case (and I'm sure it's extremely hard to prove in any event) but you can certainly see where they are coming from. The African football federations regularly get fucked by European clubs over their players and I'm sure they are fed up over it.

He hasn't played for Cameroon since 2015. Said he had a falling out with the staff at the time and has been perfectly happy to leave international play in the rear-view. It has nothing to do with Liverpool or any other club pressuring him.

Fair point but insisting on having this tournament smack dab in the middle of the European season, AFCON is limiting or decreasing the value of African players and incentivizing African players to avoid international football.

I agree with timdunk much more that Used to be a Fulham Supporter

To be fair, I still support Fulham from a very comfortable and unemotional distance. Looks like they have a decent shot at getting into the Championship playoffs.

Klopp is just going to let his nuts hang out apparently.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 1m1 minute ago
Liverpool are ready to defy FIFA and play Joel Matip against Plymouth Argyle in Wednesday night’s FA Cup third round replay. (James Pearce)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 47s47 seconds ago
Liverpool believe the evidence in Matip’s favour is so conclusive that putting him back in the team is a risk worth taking. (James Pearce)

Back