• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Gonna miss my Argyles match today due to golf. Maybe I'll stream it on the phone. I'd hate to be cheering during someone's putt though.

Hah, I thought it was a joke at first but that's not bad. I'd argue against valuing every player in the chain the same, though. Seems like it would make more sense for it to diminish as one recedes from the point of the shot. I was also interested to see Spurs so low on his Gini coefficient-mockup (which I got a big kick out of). I suppose turning into a big pressing/countering team does lend itself to quick, vertical attacks from wherever possession is regained, meaning that many players can end up in the chain of a shot (although often a shorter chain).

Expecting another v young side for Liverpool tonight -- hoping for Woodburn, Ojo, Ejaria, Trent A-A (unless they need to hold him back in case Clyne's ribs aren't improving), Gomez, and maybe even Harry Wilson.

If you want to feel old Patrick Kluivert's kid just debuted at 17 for Ajax. Jeez.

ugh why is the echo's coverage of pool so much better than everton?

still not as good as the guardian or independent or anything, but the people covering everton for the echo are largely awful.

I used to follow one of the Echo's Everton guys who seemed decent, but I can't seem to find him, or he switched papers and it's no longer in his bio.

C2eSV98WQAAOQGj.png

Wow, that bench. First we've seen Paulo Alves, I think. Was with Porto under Lijnders, then transferred to a third division Portuguese team, then to Liverpool. I'm not even sure he's seen time with the Reserves/U23s, just the U18s. Interesting. Jordan Williams back in the fold after being away hurt/on loan for a couple of seasons. Think we'll see Ojo and Harry Wilson before any of the others.

Well, this says Alves is a regular member of the U23s and is also 19, so nevermind.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/paulo-alves

Last edited:
Wow, that bench. First we've seen Paulo Alves, I think. Was with Porto under Lijnders, then transferred to a third division team, then to Liverpool. I'm not even sure he's seen time with the Reserves/U23s, just the U18s. Interesting. Jordan Williams back in the fold after being away hurt/on loan for a couple of seasons. Think we'll see Ojo and Harry Wilson before any of the others.

Wait, is that the same Jordan Williams that tweeted about the Munich disaster last year? I thought he was gone. What a loser.

There was an emoji of an airplane and the hands clapping/praying thing after the 1-1 Europa League match. He said he was hacked, apologized, and deleted his account. Not sure if I read about anything coming out after that.

Back