• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

MC: "I'm thinking about going to China!"
FA: "Whatever."
MC: "It's not about the money! It is about respect!"
FA: "Whatever."
MC: "Ok, fine, I'm staying."
FA: zzzzzzzz
MC: "JUST KIDDING, GOING TO SAUDI ARABIA! LATER LOSERS!"
FA: "Finally."

I mean, I turned on cheat mode in FM, bought Messi, and still couldn't get Lincoln through to the sixth round of the FA Cup.

First non-league team into the quarterfinals since 1914, and first non-league team ever under this format.

Figured Burnley rested everyone but they still played a good chunk of their key guys. Amazing accomplishment. This year's Leicester?

nto the quarterfinals since 1914, and first non-league team ever under this format.

Figured Burnley rested everyone but they still played a good chunk of their key guys. Amazing accomplishment. This year's Leicester?

So cool for Lincoln City.

relative soccer newcomer here. Not taking away from Lincoln City's win at all; it's a great story and Burnley has lots of guys getting paid.

That said, at what point in the competition do the PL sides play their top guys? Semis? Final?

I'd say probably by the quarters everybody plays full teams, but it depends on the situation. City played a pretty damn full strong team @ Huddersfield today, even with a UCL tie looming

Aside from Delph

They basically don't have bad players to play though

I think it was the Football Weekly guys that suggested switching the FA Cup and the league cup. I feel like a lot of top teams would be more likely to start good sides in September than they would in February.

Blackburn holding strong, but Mihky with an absolutely sublime ball. Second half entertaining thus far.

FA Cup draw

Tottenham Hotspur versus Millwall
Sutton United or Arsenal versus Lincoln City
Middlesbrough versus Huddersfield Town or Manchester City
Chelsea versus Manchester United

Another brutally hard road for Arsenal. I guess it cancels out their brutal UCL draws (even though they are oft self-inflicted)

Another brutally hard road for Arsenal. I guess it cancels out their brutal UCL draws (even though they are oft self-inflicted)

Arsenal won the Champions League group this year.

And I'll posit that Arsenal playing at Sutton is a tougher draw than some of the other draws that top EPL teams have against Championship teams.

relative soccer newcomer here. Not taking away from Lincoln City's win at all; it's a great story and Burnley has lots of guys getting paid.

That said, at what point in the competition do the PL sides play their top guys? Semis? Final?

As the resident burnley expert, they played a good squad but not all of their starters. Burnely were incredibly flat and Lincoln played tough. Lincoln has a tub of lard (matt rhead) that managed to get under Joey bartons skin. Barton was embarrassing and could have easily been sent off. Bartons last 1.5 years he has been perfect on the pitch, and plenty of players have provoked him and he has done nothing. Looking forward to arsenal taking them out- all fans are delusional but lincoln were crying that burnley would not give them more than the 15% of their seats, when lincoln is not selling out their 3200 seat stadium.

let's go you fighting Suttons

At 45 years old and 20 stone in weight, Shaw is the literal embodiment of the non-league dream, and the former ice cream man is taking his newfound fame in his stride.
"I've done nothing but sit there and be myself. Turns out I'm a big guy who people seem to want to look at," he told the Daily Mail.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/the-toe-p...-wayne-shaw-asked-to-pose-for-nude-photoshoot

Back