• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Did Clattenburg have money on Arsenal yesterday?

Sanchez handball
Gibbs not sent off for clearly taking down the attacker as the last man through on goal
(and least contentious) handball on the line leading to the red at the end.

Man United get all the decisions. And nobody else.

You make a good point. We really should have more sympathy for United.

Last edited:
Missed Danny Rose a lot.

I thought about calling the Liverpool police to report a murder given what Mane was doing to Davies. Just a brutal loss for Spurs to have him out when facing Mane. In the first game Rose did a good job forcing him back (and Rose even scored the equalizer) - but Davies just had no chance at all. Mane just destroyed him.

Thought Wijnaldum and Lucas were really good, actually, and Mane makes the difference. Henderson and Mignolet super solid, too. Mignolet didn't have a ton to do, but had one really good save I think and controlled what he needed to. Solid.

So Chupa, have you changed your mind on whether Klopp buying Wijnaldum was a good buy? To me, he's been really good all season, even if he's only scored a few goals.

I've never thought he was a bad buy (or a not good one), just not an outright hit at this point unlike Mane. Same with Matip, really -- both are excellent players who have settled in pretty well, but I just want Matip healthy for the rest of the season and Wijnaldum needs to score goals against the lower teams when he gets in those positions, because I'm pretty sure he was bought because he has a consistent goal scoring record from a variety of positions. Right now he's been a more robust and physical Joe Allen (some people will consider this an insult, but I'm a big Joe Allen fan), which is a really good player, an improvement, and what this squad needs, but ultimately not one who forces you to keep him in the side or stop thinking about upgrading. He's been solid and seems like a good dude. He is getting into good positions, but has choked on some finishes.

I'll take it, definitely, didn't mean to suggest otherwise, just that it is tough to give unreserved positive grades for both him and Matip at this point, though signs look good, especially since Matip didn't cost a transfer fee. But I didn't think Wijnaldum was that much better than Emre Can the last month when I thought both really struggled, he just scored a big goal against Chelsea and he was excellent against Tottenham. I don't think either were close to the biggest problem the team had, though, and I think it looks more likely that Wijnaldum will continue to play an important part for Liverpool for a few more years than Emre, especially if he doesn't get the new deal.

This Arsenal season just sucks. The team's good enough to win the league and will possibly win the FA Cup and could move on the Champions League. But the lack of midfield depth due to Cazorla's season-long injury and Ramsey's absences have really prevented the team from having consistent form and led to some outright awful performances. Defense has been predictably spotty with Mertesacker out all year and Gabriel ever seeing the field. Great chance of finishing top four again though.

Future is uncertain for Wenger, Ozil, Sanchez, and Cech.

Great chance of finishing top four again though.

I wouldn't dispute that Arsenal have a "great chance" at finishing top 4, but you can say that about all 5 teams currently in spots 2-6. Which of course means that two teams with a great chance to finish top 4 will not do it.

I wouldn't dispute that Arsenal have a "great chance" at finishing top 4, but you can say that about all 5 teams currently in spots 2-6. Which of course means that two teams with a great chance to finish top 4 will not do it.

Yeah, okay. You're not really bursting my bubble there.

Could probably be retired at this point, no? Does anyone still think it's the case with SAF out of the picture and all referees generally being mediocre?

Yikes.

C4khElEWMAAGfuk.jpg

Gabriel Jesus out for three months (rest of season most likely) with a broken foot. Big blow for City, with Iheanacho in the doghouse (?) and Aguero kind of in a weird spot at the moment, as well.

Jan Vertonghen back in training. Can't wait until he's fit enough to start and shift us back to the damned 3-4-3 that made us unplayable for a while.

Back