• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

I'm torn. I like it in theory, but having games decided by fouls that ultimately wouldn't have been scoring chances anyway? Meh.

But set pieces should be goal scoring opportunities if every guy Isn't being held/tackled.

But set pieces should be goal scoring opportunities if every guy Isn't being held/tackled.

Yes, again - in theory. In reality, that's not the case. Anyway, I'm equally disturbed by the fact that the rules are different in and out of the area, so I agree. I simply don't want to see matches become penalty contests.

They still start no one who wants to run at defenders 1 v 1 out wide. Little pace as well. Rooney needs to sit, Maya or Herrera central and someone dynamic on the wing.

Martial is in bad form (haven't seen today's match yet) but when he is on his game he loves to drive at defenders.

And timdunk is right about Mickey

Mickey Ryan had plenty of pace.

Also, Rooney did alright running at his man out wide...

Not really his fault, but when he ran to the away supporters a bunch of dumbass dudes jumped out of the crowd and started running around the field. Guess the ref held him responsible for inciting them.

Not really his fault, but when he ran to the away supporters a bunch of dumbass dudes jumped out of the crowd and started running around the field. Guess the ref held him responsible for inciting them.

Yeah, that was weird. Dude scored a game winning goal in extra time in a monsoon and ran over to celebrate with the away fans with a big goofy smile on his face and got a yellow card for it. Makes no sense.

Yeah, that was weird. Dude scored a game winning goal in extra time in a monsoon and ran over to celebrate with the away fans with a big goofy smile on his face and got a yellow card for it. Makes no sense.
It was a dumb, terrible card. Something an NFL referee would have done.

This WBA-Boro game is atrocious. Neither team is doing anything.

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - SO IT BEGINS

Whelp, I'm prepared for an ugly, ugly match. We're gonna get whooped. The injury bug has hit us so hard we're starting Valencia up top again. Ugh. Three at the back for the first time since we surprised Spurs with it last season. Lanzini thankfully on the bench. Payet didn't even travel but somehow we've released him for international duty next week? That's messed up.

Hope this can be a Rashford-esque coming out party for the young man that kept Rashford out of every team he's ever been in. Get in, young man! COYI

Lol, that was easy. This is the West ham I remember. We desperately, desperately need our injured players. We have no creativity without Fegouli, Lanzini, Payet, Ayew.

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - SO IT BEGINS

This looks a whole lot like west ham of 2010-2012. Classic Avram Grant and early Big Sam stuff. This City team is class, but we'd look a lot different with Cresswell and Fegouli and Payet and Lanzini and Zaza in the squad. Even Carroll. That's half of our best eleven

This City team would be a whole lot of fun without Sterling diving all over. They're looking like prime era Barcelona. Fantastic runs and passing.

Lolol, Antonio might be the best winger in the air in England. Just absolutely bullies defenders.

Classic Antonio--play an absolutely forgettable first half as a fullback, be pushed up to midfield and immediately score.

Jesus, the introduction of lanzini and moving Antonio forward make us a completely different side. The confidence payet would give us would change us completely.

I wholly expect City to take this game back soon, but this gives me hope

Oh, apparently most headed goals of any player in the league since last August--eight. And keep in mind Antonio didn't start a single game until like December

Back