• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Oh, apparently most headed goals of any player in the league since last August--eight. And keep in mind Antonio didn't start a single game until like December
Yeah, he just dominates fullbacks in the air. Really have to pick him up with a true center defender when he's near the box, but that's an hard to do and not lose shape.

Wow dirty from Aguero. He might earn something post-match for that

This City team would be a whole lot of fun without Sterling diving all over. They're looking like prime era Barcelona. Fantastic runs and passing.
Agreed. He had the beating of Mansuako already. The diving is annoying as hell.

This looks a whole lot like west ham of 2010-2012. Classic Avram Grant and early Big Sam stuff. This City team is class, but we'd look a lot different with Cresswell and Fegouli and Payet and Lanzini and Zaza in the squad. Even Carroll. That's half of our best eleven

Wow, and I've completely forgotten -- yet again -- about our record signing. Ayew would certainly be around our first eleven.

Compare today's lineup to what we could be trotting out:

-----------------Adrian---------------
Byram ---Ogbonna---Reid---Cresswell
----------- Noble --- Kouyate --------
Ayew -------- Lanzini ---------- Payet
--------------- Zaza -----------------

Bench: Fegouli, Antonio, Fletcher, Collins, Randolph, Fernandes, (Nordveit, Obiang, Tore, Oxford, Burke, etc.)

They have to suspend Kun, right?

If that was Diego Costa he would have been suspended immediately after the match.

Cautiously very pleased with the start of the Koeman era at Everton. 7 points out of the first 9 is a good start for a club he calls 70% fit.

He's been tactically flexible and responsive to the flow of games, earnest and poignant in interviews, and generally seems to be addressing the right problems (fitness, set piece defending, shape/positioning, leadership).

Biggest bright spots so far have been young Mason Holgate and new man Idrissa Gueye. Coleman is going to have a hard time finding has way back into the lineup when fit if Holgate continues to perform like this. I was also very impressed with Galloway's first start on loan at WBA--really one of the only bright spots in that otherwise miserable Boro match yesterday.

The boss said there were more signings left, but there aren't really strong rumors out there after Hart died down. Stek has looked pretty good, if not as a long term solution, at least til January or through the season. I want another forward before the window closes. Kone simply isn't good enough and Deulofeu doesn't have the fitness to be anything more than a super sub at this point. Lukaku has also started very poorly this year.

Stupid to have an international break so early, I hate it so very much.

Cautiously very pleased with the start of the Koeman era at Everton. 7 points out of the first 9 is a good start for a club he calls 70% fit.

He's been tactically flexible and responsive to the flow of games, earnest and poignant in interviews, and generally seems to be addressing the right problems (fitness, set piece defending, shape/positioning, leadership).

Biggest bright spots so far have been young Mason Holgate and new man Idrissa Gueye. Coleman is going to have a hard time finding has way back into the lineup when fit if Holgate continues to perform like this. I was also very impressed with Galloway's first start on loan at WBA--really one of the only bright spots in that otherwise miserable Boro match yesterday.

The boss said there were more signings left, but there aren't really strong rumors out there after Hart died down. Stek has looked pretty good, if not as a long term solution, at least til January or through the season. I want another forward before the window closes. Kone simply isn't good enough and Deulofeu doesn't have the fitness to be anything more than a super sub at this point. Lukaku has also started very poorly this year.

Stupid to have an international break so early, I hate it so very much.

Tighter defensively. Fuck off Stonesy

I mean, Pep's probably going to turn Stones into the best English defender of his generation, but you can't turn down that cash.

Pique is great.

But nah, we had Rio and Vidic for like 4 years after he left, so not salty then and not salty now.

Pique is possibly Pep's best claim to CB development fame, but, let's be honest, most of that goes to SAF/Queiroz.

But even if we gave Pique to Pep, that is one in how many years? 8? 9?

What other CB have ya got?

Rio really more of a West Ham product. He was fully developed when you purchased him.

Pique is great.

But nah, we had Rio and Vidic for like 4 years after he left, so not salty then and not salty now.

Pique is possibly Pep's best claim to CB development fame, but, let's be honest, most of that goes to SAF/Queiroz.

But even if we gave Pique to Pep, that is one in how many years? 8? 9?

What other CB have ya got?

That's a stretch. Pique was a 6 million euro afterthought who became one of the best CBs in the world under Pep. Revitalized Puyol as well. Even managed to get some solid run from Milito and Marquez when they were two crocked guys who had been past it. Hell, stuck a guy who's an attaching mid in the Prem (Toure) in at CB and shut out Man Utd in a champions league final. Defenses routinely ship the lowest goals in their leagues (only had more than 29 goals against once). Don't understand the comment. Only guy I can't think of who didn't develop was Chygrynsky, who didn't play for Shakhtar upon his return there either

Last edited:
That's a stretch. Pique was a 6 million euro afterthought who became one of the best CBs in the world under Pep. Revitalized Puyol as well. Even managed to get some solid run from Milito and Marquez when they were two crocked guys who had been past it. Hell, stuck a guy who's an attaching mid in the Prem (Toure) in at CB and shut out Man Utd in a champions league final. Defenses routinely ship the lowest goals in their leagues (only had more than 29 goals against once). Don't understand the comment. Only guy I can't think of who didn't develop was Chygrynsky, who didn't play for Shakhtar upon his return there either
Yeah. Turned a bunch of midfielders and outside backs onto terrific CB's as well (Mascherano, Alaba, etc.)

I think the bigger thing is that he manages to make great defenses out of whoever he has on hand.

Aguero to contest FA charge of violent conduct.

Frivolous appeal?

Back