• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

That's pretty awesome. Bielsa is great. Pochettino is pretty great, too. Good stuff.

Should be a fun game this afternoon: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Marko Grujic, Ovie Ejaria, and Danny Ings look like they might start. Sturridge, Origi, Lucas, Klavan, and Moreno will be hoping to get the call, too. Mignolet will be in goal, confirmed by Klopp.

ETA - and former Spur, Kevin Stewart. Forgot about him.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a soccer podcast I can listen to at work? Already listen to MiB, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Football Ramble (comedy, hilarious)
The Game (serious, not funny)
Football Weekly
Talking Fussball (English language Bundesliga, quite good)

Ted Knutson is a good twitter follow -- creator of statsbomb and those stats radars, as well as working in the analytics department for FC Midtjylland and Brentford -- and he occasionally does a podcast via statsbomb (I think). This one is through something else -- I'm going to listen to this one later that he's on, Stevie Grieve is a Scottish coach working in Canada, who hosts this, although I've never listened to it, so it might suck.

https://soundcloud.com/world-football-index/wfi-tactics-ted-knutson

The Football Ramble (comedy, hilarious)
The Game (serious, not funny)
Football Weekly
Talking Fussball (English language Bundesliga, quite good)

I quit on Football Ramble on MiB a year or two ago. Both of them started to grate on me and if I'm going to listen to a footy podcast I prefer more substance. Lots of other podcasts for laughs.

Which do you like for substance?

I'm spoiled as a Liverpool fan because I pay the $7 a month for The Anfield Wrap Player which puts out like 30 podcasts a month (they also have one or two free ones every week for people that don't want to pay).

The best general one in my opinion is Football Weekly. James Richardson and Barry Glendenning are both very funny and Sid Lowe on Spain is very informative. Richardson gives Italian league updates, a guy named Philippe does French league, Rafa Honeigstein does Germany, Fernando Duarte does Brazil, and I'm probably forgetting someone. Main pod is on Mondays recapping the weekend and then Thursday recaps the mid-week action and looks ahead to the weekend. All around good pod.

I've stopped listening to the Anfield Wrap, though I enjoyed it for a while. When Sean Rogers was on though, it was a good listen, and I think he does a weekly tactical recap with the main host Neil Atkinson -- he was coaching a Welsh league team and knows his shit. The other guys have their moments, but can be kind of blowhards -- that's without the homerism, which is understandable but might get on one's nerves if they don't dig Liverpool.

I'm spoiled as a Liverpool fan because I pay the $7 a month for The Anfield Wrap Player which puts out like 30 podcasts a month (they also have one or two free ones every week for people that don't want to pay).

The best general one in my opinion is Football Weekly. James Richardson and Barry Glendenning are both very funny and Sid Lowe on Spain is very informative. Richardson gives Italian league updates, a guy named Philippe does French league, Rafa Honeigstein does Germany, Fernando Duarte does Brazil, and I'm probably forgetting someone. Main pod is on Mondays recapping the weekend and then Thursday recaps the mid-week action and looks ahead to the weekend. All around good pod.

Football Weekly sounds cool. I'm mostly interested in Premiere League specifically because I don't want to get invested in other leagues and use up the entirety of every weekend watching games. Long gone are the days when i can afford to watch every PL game, every big college football game, every NFL game. Kind of exhausting, really.

Don't listen to The Double Pivot. Michael Caley and the other Michael are both good twitter follows, but they're turdburger personalities on air, especially compared to pods like Men in Blazers.

I just don't like the Men In Blazers schtick, maybe I'm a curmudgeon and would enjoy the turdburger personalities. I do like Caley, but have never listened to that pod. I'm not a pod guy in general, though.

Don't listen to The Double Pivot. Michael Caley and the other Michael are both good twitter follows, but they're turdburger personalities on air, especially compared to pods like Men in Blazers.

I've been listening to MiB for a month or two now, and I like the dudes. But they really don't talk very much about actual soccer. Nor do they ever talk about the team I care about. I've listened to West Ham-specific podcasts before, but they've never caught on for me.

yea Men in Blazers is a better comedy listen than it is informative about footie

they talk for about 45 minutes about the big 4-6 and then 10 minutes about a couple other matches and MLS, most often ignoring the bottom of the table

yea Men in Blazers is a better comedy listen than it is informative about footie

they talk for about 45 minutes about the big 4-6 and then 10 minutes about a couple other matches and MLS, most often ignoring the bottom of the table

They do really, really love Everton.

the one guy is an everton fan and the other chelsea

lately, the everton supporter has gotten under my skin, he's just too goofy

the one guy is an everton fan and the other chelsea

lately, the everton supporter has gotten under my skin, he's just too goofy

When they were just getting started under the Grantland banner it was 90% analysis and 10% shtick. Now those two numbers are flipped. Michael Davies used to be the sensible one but you can hardly tell these days. The TV show is unwatchable with all of their dumb facial expressions and screaming.

Football Weekly sounds cool. I'm mostly interested in Premiere League specifically because I don't want to get invested in other leagues and use up the entirety of every weekend watching games. Long gone are the days when i can afford to watch every PL game, every big college football game, every NFL game. Kind of exhausting, really.

It is 80% PL, 10% Spain, 5% lower divisions in England and 5% everything else. During international breaks they obviously cover England/WC and Euro Qualifying/the rest.

Jacob Steinberg is a frequent guest and he is a West Ham supporter so they get slightly more attention that the rest of the non-big six. Sunderland also with Barry Glendenning.

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge #LIVTOT

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
#LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Mane, Ings #LIVTOT

Tottenham Hotspur‏ @SpursOfficial

#THFC team: Vorm, Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Davies; Dier (c), Winks; Onomah, Carroll, Nkoudou; Janssen. #COYS

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge #LIVTOT

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
#LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Mane, Ings #LIVTOT

Nice. Looking forward to Trent A-A, Ejaria, and Grujic. Really want Wijnaldum to get off the mark, as well.

When they were just getting started under the Grantland banner it was 90% analysis and 10% shtick. Now those two numbers are flipped. Michael Davies used to be the sensible one but you can hardly tell these days. The TV show is unwatchable with all of their dumb facial expressions and screaming.

brought to you by VRROOOMMMMM MINI COOPER!

Back