• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League - FUCKIN' INT'L BREAKS

Clown shoes keeper show. 2-2.

So we're 38% of the way through the season.

Anybody want to handicap the top four (or six) ? Obviously changes will be made in the transfer window and I think the new coaches will make a few, as opposed to Wenger who will probably stay put or just tweak a little bit. I don't Chelsea or Man City have what it takes to see it through. Man City too many obvious problems. Liverpool needs to commit to defending or scoring yet another extra goal. Arsenal the obvious favorite. Spurs and ManU awful to watch, despite Mourhino's declaration of Spurs as the best int he EPL.

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Man City
5. Man U
6. Liverpool

So I'm curious how y'all chose your respective teams. I became a United fan because when I studied abroad in Geneva the bar that we frequented had a contingent of ex pats from Manchester that were huge United supporters. So we met up with them every week to watch the games. There was almost a significant brawl in the bar against Juve supporters for the CL semis. Good times indeed.

So I'm curious how y'all chose your respective teams. I became a United fan because when I studied abroad in Geneva the bar that we frequented had a contingent of ex pats from Manchester that were huge United supporters. So we met up with them every week to watch the games. There was almost a significant brawl in the bar against Juve supporters for the CL semis. Good times indeed.

Late (well, middle-ish) in May in 1999...

I'm assuming at least. Keano dominated the 2nd leg in Turin. Still the best individual performance I've seen in a single game from a #6.

First FIFA game on computer, not the 3D0 game with fake players. Liked how the announcer said Manchester United when I played with them. Then researched the history of the club and fell in love.

Late (well, middle-ish) in May in 1999...

I'm assuming at least. Keano dominated the 2nd leg in Turin. Still the best individual performance I've seen in a single game from a #6.

Yup. Also the season of Giggs' FA cup semis goal against Arsenal where he just willed himself down the field. That was an incredible night.

I really liked Cowboys and wanted to be one when I was a kid

Yup. Also the season of Giggs' FA cup semis goal against Arsenal where he just willed himself down the field. That was an incredible night.

Last goal in FA Cup Semi Final Replay history. That was a good one to cap it on.

Vieira whoooaaahhhhoohhhhh
Vieira whoooaaahhhhoohhhhh
He gave Giggsy the ball
And Arsenal won fuck all

Good times. Good times.

I just loved Gareth Bale and wanted a team in London that wasn't a front runner. Also, the fucking motto. Audere Est Facere!

hated all the London clubs when I lived there

the Landon Donovan seasons really sealed it but I always liked Everton

Also if we're being honest, I wasn't a really huge fan (just a bandwagon 'yeahhh! my spurs'!fan) until like 3-4 years ago. Was too busy and didn't really have the tools to follow EPL closely post-college. NBC sports finally made it easy and living post-roommate/just-wife for the first time really gave me the free time to jump right in and watch way too much EPL.

In HS I had a brief tryst with chelsea because my first kiss was a girl named chelsea, but never really liked them or drogba.

Interested to see if vad, TOP TOP UNBIASED talent evaluater, still thinks that Ander Herrera is still a also-ran mid-table midfielder?

Genuinely curious.
(I think Townie is too.)

Anybody want to handicap the top four (or six) ? Obviously changes will be made in the transfer window and I think the new coaches will make a few, as opposed to Wenger who will probably stay put or just tweak a little bit. I don't Chelsea or Man City have what it takes to see it through. Man City too many obvious problems. Liverpool needs to commit to defending or scoring yet another extra goal. Arsenal the obvious favorite. Spurs and ManU awful to watch, despite Mourhino's declaration of Spurs as the best int he EPL.

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Man City
5. Man U
6. Liverpool

Arsenal sign Alaba and Draxler in January. Ballgame

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Man City
5. Man U
6. Liverpool

Not loving Spurs chances at a top 4 spot right now, the whole team just seems very flat. Hopefully TOBY and Kane being back healthy helps, but it also seems the team is missing the scrappiness and dirtiness of Lamela ... I don't know, something is very off. That limp performance against United was something out of the AVB era, not Pochettino's Spurs.

Interested to see if vad, TOP TOP UNBIASED talent evaluater, still thinks that Ander Herrera is still a also-ran mid-table midfielder?

Genuinely curious.
(I think Townie is too.)

Yeah, he's an Everton/Southampton level player. Sometimes those players have brilliant games, but they don't have the consistency to bring it on a regular basis.

He's Spanish for Yohan Cabaye - a MF who looks great one moment then total trash another and can never really lock down a spot at the highest level for that reason. Those guys always end up on some team 8th in the table playing every week and leaving you feeling slightly unfulfilled.

(Mousa Dembele might be in this conversation based on the way he's played this season, btw - was utterly tremendous last season and is now back to randomly in and out of games like he was earlier in his career).

Back