• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

yikes

Though it does seem like the court is correct in saying that this is basically what the legislature wanted from their law. They did not include exceptions for diagnoses that would result in pain and death for the fetus or newborn, or that would impair a woman's ability to have children in the future.

pro-"life" indeed.

So they are saying you need a docs opinion, yet when you come armed with one they discard it anyway?

So they are saying you need a docs opinion, yet when you come armed with one they discard it anyway?
No, they’re saying that if your life is in danger, a doctor should just perform the operation and be prepared to defend his actions after the fact.

If your life is in danger, you obviously don’t have time to take it to court.

I think it makes perfect sense in their sick world.

Meanwhile your average Fox News viewer has no idea this is going on because they're just not covering it.

Cowards.

I could see them perp-walking the pilot that flies her out of Texas...
I'm no Constitutional scholar, but it seems that Texas prosecuting people for a procedure that is entirely legal in the state in which it was performed would be a violation of the full faith and credit clause. No one wants to be the test case though when it means criminal and civil prosecution.

Meanwhile your average Fox News viewer has no idea this is going on because they're just not covering it.

Cowards.

I don't know. If Fox was covering this it would probably just be in a way that vilified Cox and led their viewers to go vigilante and threaten her life.

I don't know. If Fox was covering this it would probably just be in a way that vilified Cox and led their viewers to go vigilante and threaten her life.
That's fair, it seems like the sometimes test out attacks on the fringier sites, and then work them into mainstream right-wing news. From what I've seen, the attacks seem to be trying to paint Cox as wanting to get an abortion because of a disability. Opponents of abortion like that ground because they think they can pit those supporting abortion rights against the disability rights community. It's super gross.

Back