• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

if those kids didn't want to go hungry over the summer they should've just not been born. pretty simple.

Major "fuck them kids" energy from the poorest, worst state in the union.

42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

Pretty sure Wakebored is done with the boards. He sent me a PM a while back saying he was leaving.

It sure makes the thread stink when we reminisce about those dolts.

For informational purposes:

About 93% of reported abortions in 2019 were performed at or before 13 weeks of pregnancy, 6% were conducted between 14 and 20 weeks and 1% were performed at or after 21 weeks, according to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

• People who tend to have abortions later in a pregnancy do so because of "medical concerns such as fetal anomalies or maternal life endangerment, as well as barriers to care that cause delays in obtaining an abortion," per KFF.
  • Nine states that restricted abortion offer exceptions for fetal anomalies, according to a KFF tracker of abortion limits and exceptions.

In his eyes, his side won on this issue. He no longer needs to fight.
True, except that overturning Roe has definitely hurt the GOP, even in some purple and red states, and it will likely continue to be an albatross around their necks for years to come. A classic case of "be careful what you wish for."

I'll believe it hurt them after this November. I have a sinking feeling the farther we get from that decision, the less of an impact it will have. And with the makeup of the court, it's likely a generational decision.

I'll believe it hurt them after this November. I have a sinking feeling the farther we get from that decision, the less of an impact it will have. And with the makeup of the court, it's likely a generational decision.

Not sure what you mean here. The court makeup isn’t permanent. But Dems do have to win on this issue long enough to outlast Alito, Thomas, and Roberts.

Well, conservatives made great hay out of this issue for decades after the Roe decision in the 70s, I see no reason why it won't be the same for Democrats in reverse. I just don't see very many women "forgetting" about this issue at all, especially given the really harsh abortion restrictions that the GOP has passed around the country. I think this issue has legs and it's not going away for Republicans, at least for a good while.

You need all 3 of them to retire during a Democrat presidency and not when Pubs have a majority in the senate. Thomas and Alito will retire the moment a Republican is in the white house.

Possible? Yes.

Likely? Not even close.

It could be decades before the court flips left again, hence my generational comment.

You need all 3 of them to retire during a Democrat presidency and not when Pubs have a majority in the senate. Thomas and Alito will retire the moment a Republican is in the white house.

Possible? Yes.

Likely? Not even close.

It could be decades before the court flips left again, hence my generational comment.
I'm not talking about retirement. It could be decades only if you think three men age 68, 73, and 75 will be alive for "decades."

If Democrats win this election, they're in good shape going forward. Republicans aren't going to get less MAGA and they'll struggle for voters without Trump.

I'm not talking about retirement. It could be decades only if you think three men age 68, 73, and 75 will be alive for "decades."

If Democrats win this election, they're in good shape going forward. Republicans aren't going to get less MAGA and they'll struggle for voters without Trump.
You forgot two things:
1. Americans are racist idiots
2. Democrats suck at messaging

Back