• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

There is a case for that, but I know for sure Ann Coulter ain't the one moving the needle that direction for me.

Not abortion, but abortion adjacent...

Woman is in the hospital 3 times during the week with complications for her pregnancy, but they kept sending her home.

She miscarries at home in the bathroom and places the remains outside.

She then goes to a hair appointment where the hairdresser notices her state and gets someone to take her to the hospital. Based on the description, sounds like she was experiencing shock.

Once at the hospital, some nosey Karen of a nurse reports her to the police when she hears what happened. They interview her for an hour and come back over a week later, arrest and charge her with felony "abuse of a corpse."

I'm not sure what we should expect women to do when they have a miscarriage at home. There has to be some fear that they will somehow be charged for some perceived crime by the pro life agenda.

Florida has 1.3M signatures for a pro-abortion ballot amendment. 150,000 signatures are from Republican voters.

Didn't Florida do a recreational marijuana ballot measure that overwhelmingly passed three years ago, but the GOP legislature has simply ignored?

It was a medical marijuana amendment and the legislature slow played it. There's a recreational marijuana amendment that may be up for the 2024 ballot.

The amendment is one component. Dems need to run hard on enforcing the amendment. Voters may just think the vote will make abortion legal and that's that.

What drives anti-abortion beliefs? Sexual strategies - limiting sexual competition

I think evangelicals have been disturbed since the sexual revolution of the 1960's, fueled by the birth control pill. The Pill removed the risk and consequences of anti-biblical promiscuity, and seemingly God was doing nothing about it. (They openly enjoyed linking homosexual promiscuity to the AIDS epidemic). Now they are trying to re-introduce consequences for sexual promiscuity...for God(?). This is why they are against more access to contraception. It is not about life but control through consequences.

We can also reserve some blame for abortion rights groups who chose to limit presenting the issue as a woman’s choice to not have kids rather than broader family planning and a medical necessity. Plenty of people out there are just now finding out that “late-term abortions” are largely about the mother’s health.

Last edited:
Back