• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ramsey: Jeff [Redacted] should have never been a college coach

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
http://gazette.com/ramsey-jeff-[Redacted]-should-never-have-been-a-college-coach/article/1517143

YES

Oh wow, he actually wrote an article in response. Nice work, David.

Let's be clear: Buzzy steered the Deacons from winners to losers. He transformed the program from proud to pitiful. This explains all that toilet paper flapping in the breeze on the Wake campus last week.

Officewin.gif

Unfortunately this was clear to everyone except Ron Wellman.

no way this column happens without that usa today piece. as much as i love how awful bz came off that wake student really did not help wake forest with that piece. if nothing else because this one calls into question wellman's judgement at a time when wed need to avoid that.

Always thought that the way he threw players under the boss was leftover from the NBA days. Glad to see somebody else make that assertion.

He won 50 games in two seasons, including a 22-10 record in the MWC, and directed the Falcons to the 2006 NCAA Tournament. But he offered glimpses into the troubles that would trash his career.
He failed miserably as a recruiter, which explains why the Falcons lost 31 of 32 conference games from 2008-10. He clashed with a long list of Air Force employees.

Huh. Well that's a stat I was oblivious of. Can't say it's exactly surprising.

I never knew how loaded that Air Force team that Buzzy inherited really was. 5 players who made either 1st or 2nd team All-Mountain West? Wow. That 50-16 record, PRETTY GOOD, Buzzy!

Eh, this article would have still happened. Ramsey hates he-who-shall-not-be-named. Wrote an article about him a couple years ago.

God I just never want to think about he-who-shall-not-be-named again. Can we just all agree to pretend that last season was Dino's last year and that the real last four years never happened?

I never knew how loaded that Air Force team that Buzzy inherited really was. 5 players who made either 1st or 2nd team All-Mountain West? Wow. That 50-16 record, PRETTY GOOD, Buzzy!

Those 2 AF teams in the post-sesason:

MW Conference tournament: 0-2
NCAA Tournament: 0-1

Way to be, Bz.

That story about Jackson is pretty damning though. The whole thing would be funny if we hadn't been the damn school who ended up with him.

This article is gold. I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

AF lost 31 of their 32 conference games in the 2 seasons after Buzzy left. That's just too good. Foundation, baby!

Huh. Well that's a stat I was oblivious of. Can't say it's exactly surprising.

there was an article with the air force ad that made the rounds saying (paraphrase) "i did not see bz recruit for two years. left us with nothing."

That story about Jackson is pretty damning though. The whole thing would be funny if we hadn't been the damn school who ended up with him.

This article is gold. I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant.

jeez at least take it behind the high school. or better yet college library stacks.

Back