• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ramsey: Jeff [Redacted] should have never been a college coach

IMO It's the trickle down effect. Medium business owners/middle & upper class Winstonites (Winatonians?) in Winston are a big part of the Deacon Club and their families all go to all the luncheons and fundraising events where they get fed the culture bullshit by Wellman and Co., they then take said bullshit into their heart as absolute truth and regurgitate it onto their friends, family, and associates. The key to making people believe the bullshit is to frame it as if it's a program secret that people are being let in on. These people will then go share these secrets with their friends and family as if they were complete truths. I also believe there's a racial/economic/political bent to Bzz In, but I'll save that for another day.

Which is why going all out for a 36 year old multiracial coach whose family seems like what the Obamas were 15 years ago is fascinating.

Ph, seems like we have at least a few shrewd BOT members who began to see through this flimsy charade of re-committing to a certain way of doing things. We've always had high standards and while there may have been some evidence of "inmates running the asylum" under Dino, I would hope that the BOT understands the real damage that has been done to our legacy of being a pretty stout ACC member on the hardwood as well as the financial repercussions of a Bzzaster the magnitude of which was not fully understood until this year and the impact on Wake Will. But beyond all that, hopefully the BOT as well as Wellman and Hatch, understand the truly wonderful opportunity we have in a potential coach like Shaka, a potential that truly transcends that of just a basketball coach. He could be quite the ambassador of goodwill for Wake Forest and help re-brand the WFU image as a traditional, conservative institution that caters primarily to WASPs and high-browed caucasian children. Then again, the sheer cost of attending Wake is in itself a limiting factor, but success in a marquis sport like BB and school pride that leads to donating and financial support for scholarships and aid go hand and hand.

Isn't it strange that townie non-alumni seem to be some of the most ardent Bzzz supporters and buy into the culture nonsense so easily.

This townie non alum was buzz out from day one. So relieved he is finally gone.

"Our Falcons beat them 84-46 at CU but played all the starters between 29-33 minutes each in that game with only two others in double digit minutes"

Old habits die hard eh Buzzy? Guess he thought he was Coach K whilst at AF.

Did we ever blow out any non ACC team under Bz? If so, there's his next coaching gig.

IMO It's the trickle down effect. Medium business owners/middle & upper class Winstonites (Winatonians?) in Winston are a big part of the Deacon Club and their families all go to all the luncheons and fundraising events where they get fed the culture bullshit by Wellman and Co., they then take said bullshit into their heart as absolute truth and regurgitate it onto their friends, family, and associates. The key to making people believe the bullshit is to frame it as if it's a program secret that people are being let in on. These people will then go share these secrets with their friends and family as if they were complete truths. I also believe there's a racial/economic/political bent to Bzz In, but I'll save that for another day.
Interestingly the first person to stand up for Bz in the comments section appears to be a black dude.

Culture is something that is talked about at every university in the country and by every coach, this isn't something Wellman invented. When someone says (or for the cynical..used to say) "Proud to be a Deacon" it means something and that something is Deacon culture. That's the image the university markets and is one reason everyone here is......here. It's not surprising to me that people in town respond positively to the Wake culture meme.....because we do too most of the time. It was bastardized in this case and used as an excuse to get rid of Dino but it still exists.

I agree that part of that culture meme for some is WASP......and I've long said Dino's biggest problem was probably being a yankee italian catholic in a southern gentile WASP school. Skip could smooth over any rifts so it wasn't a major problem, but Dino couldn't. Bz is sort of an uber WASP donk and I think Wellman gravitated to him for that reason. The uber WASP donk beat the yankee catholics head to head too.

In the comments it looks like James Lucas missed the part where Buzz was an awkward, condescending jacka$$ who lost and lost and lost. Loser.

That, plus fudging the home attendance, apathy beyond belief, generally a bad fit for the University and the Miami incident. Buh bye Buzz.

Televangelists? Presidential elections? Lots of truth in what you wrote.

Our Abiding Shame has redefined The Peter Principle. Not only can you be promoted to the point of incompetence, but you can be a dick about it as well.

Back