• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rank the Top 25 Best Basketball Coaching Positions in America

Fair point, although I do think it's still true. I don't think you all would have taken 3 years to get to this point...

Can't disagree with that. NCSU definitely brings the crazies out in force.

state would have burned down a coach's house after a stetson loss

Can't disagree with that. But hell, we put up with 5 seasons of Sid Lowe so maybe we are getting more jaded the longer and longer we get from our most recent Final Four run.

I wonder how well Duke will hold up once K retires. There really is no one in his coaching tree I can see coming in like Roy did for Dean Smith when he retired. Although maybe keeping it in the family isn't something Duke really cares about.

If they're smart, and not intimidated by K's wishes, they will figure out what kind of coffee Brad Stevens wants to have on his flight to the press conference.

Louisville is a great job and has been for decades. They have only had two coaches in the past 42 (will probably be over 50) years. Each will be in the Hall of Fame.

They pay outrageously. They have insane fans. Facilities are top notch. Academic requirements are minimal. Thney are in the best bball conference in the country.

It's borderline in the top group. I'd put it no lower than 7th or 8th.

I dont think ucla is a top 10 school because 1 they dont have a practice facility. and they couldnt pull in a top coaching prospect . i would put them 11-15

Louisville is a great job and has been for decades. They have only had two coaches in the past 42 (will probably be over 50) years. Each will be in the Hall of Fame.

They pay outrageously. They have insane fans. Facilities are top notch. Academic requirements are minimal. Thney are in the best bball conference in the country.

It's borderline in the top group. I'd put it no lower than 7th or 8th.

ACC or Big East?

Wake Forest is not even in the same realm as NC State.

Anybody who puts WFU in that list at all, let alone ahead of GTech, is just kidding themselves, and smoking the current Wake Forest dope. It is very disheartening to see the level of foolishness exhibited by our fans these days. It's pretty clear that Wake Forest has no idea of who we really are these days. On our message board we have folks trying to make an argument that players leaving NC State somehow makes us ok....what a bunch of losers we've become.

Kansas is the hard one if one takes seriously geographic/climate and recruiting location. Move Wake to Kansas and Kansas to Winston-Salem. Within two years Kansas would have a national championship and Wake would be D-II.

Kansas is basically the NBA team of Kansas City (a basketball crazy part of the country), has a number of huge wealthy alumni - Anschutz, etc - who give a ton of money, ridiculous facilities and an utterly rabid fanbase.

All 3 D1 schools in the state of Kansas have been to multiple Final Fours (Wichita State, Kansas State, Kansas). That's a good part of the country to be coaching basketball.

Kansas is basically the NBA team of Kansas City (a basketball crazy part of the country), has a number of huge wealthy alumni - Anschutz, etc - who give a ton of money, ridiculous facilities and an utterly rabid fanbase.

All 3 D1 schools in the state of Kansas have been to multiple Final Fours (Wichita State, Kansas State, Kansas). That's a good part of the country to be coaching basketball.
This. Kansas is a national program, so they don't need the state to produce a lot of prospects, but even so, the Midwest produces a lot of great players.

Back