• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I mean, it basically ruined the whole series. Should have stopped after season one.

Yup. I was considering starting a thread about shows that went too long. Bloodline and Leftovers are currents. Rectified did, but that was a result of bad writing in season 4 (maybe this could be said about any show to which I say it ran too long?).

Yup. I was considering starting a thread about shows that went too long. Bloodline and Leftovers are currents. Rectified did, but that was a result of bad writing in season 4 (maybe this could be said about any show to which I say it ran too long?).

I'm only 3 episodes into season 3 of The Leftovers, but given how good I thought season 2 was, and it needing a conclusion and all, if the 3rd/final season turns out to be bad, I don't think it's because it went on too long, just bad writing.

Also, as far as theme songs go, I think"The Departure (Home)" is a fantastic score that plays throughout The Leftovers. Perhaps they overplay it a little, but I never get tired of it.

Last edited:
I've seen every HBO series since HBO began, including Race for the Pennant, which could never match the success of Inside the NFL. Here are the answers, in order:

The Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Wire
Sex and the City

Honorable Mention, also in order:
Six Feet Under
True Detective 1
Veep
Deadwood
Larry Sanders Show

Stuff nobody talks about for good reason:
Rome
John From Cincinnati

Halfway through season 3 of Shameless currently and am completely hooked. Also need to catch up on HoC, Veep, Silicon Valley, Billions, Narcos, Bloodline, and Homeland. Just typing all that actually made me stressed. TV watching is tough business.

1. Encyclopedia
2. Tintin
3. True Detective (Season One)
4. Silicon Valley
5. Da Ali G Show
6. West World
7. Flight of the Concords
8. Veep
9. Game of Thrones
10. Encyclopedia Brown

I'm only 3 episodes into season 3 of The Leftovers, but given how good I thought season 2 was, and it needing a conclusion and all, if the 3rd/final season turns out to be bad, I don't think it's because it went on too long, just bad writing.

Also, as far as theme songs go, I think"The Departure (Home)" is a fantastic score that plays throughout The Leftovers. Perhaps they overplay it a little, but I never get tired of it.

Agreed on the score

I've seen every HBO series since HBO began, including Race for the Pennant, which could never match the success of Inside the NFL. Here are the answers, in order:

The Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Wire
Sex and the City

Honorable Mention, also in order:
Six Feet Under
True Detective 1
Veep
Deadwood
Larry Sanders Show

Stuff nobody talks about for good reason:
Rome
John From Cincinnati

you are putting rome and john from cinci in the same category? not even sure what to say about that.

Need a mind fuck or good horror movie on Netflix. We liked creep which was a suggestion here. Any other ones?

I saw that Sense8 was canceled. I'm disappointed about that. A lot of the action scenes were very well done, going from person to person interchangeably. I thought the second season was better than the first by far. Like most people, I think the first part of the first season lagged a bit while it introduced the characters but really picked up in the second half.

i'll echo those two from strick from the horror genre.

from a more mind bendy angle that's non-horror, i'd recommend Timecrimes and Time Lapse (both on Netflix streaming).

Timecrimes is a great flick, i'd recommend to all. in spanish if that bothers you, but it's a better movie.

Time Lapse is a B-ish movie but with a pretty good script, and an easy watch.

The Invitation and It Follows might fit the bill, though they're not particularly scary.

We watched both of these and were entertained.

i'll echo those two from strick from the horror genre.

from a more mind bendy angle that's non-horror, i'd recommend Timecrimes and Time Lapse (both on Netflix streaming).

Timecrimes is a great flick, i'd recommend to all. in spanish if that bothers you, but it's a better movie.

Time Lapse is a B-ish movie but with a pretty good script, and an easy watch.

Will check these out.

Just noticed clown is on Netflix. Worth the watch?

Clown was pretty damn creepy.

Back