• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

How late is too late for a Biden/Gillibrand to develop should HRC be indicted? That ticket would approach 400 EV's.

Biden/Gillibrand would crush Trump or Cruz. HRC or Bernie would make it far more closer than it needs to be. Now that the thirsty boy prince robot has shorted out, 'Pubs are in deep shit. Unless Kasich or Christie finish ahead of Rubio in NH, things get really dicey in SC. Trump, Cruz, and Jeb can swarm Rubio and finish him off. Trump and Cruz then tag team Jeb and advance to the finals. An indictment and...

Uncle Joe's no world beater, but he'll clean up with blue collar voters and hurt Trump. He's also not a nasty weasel like Cruz. One Biden term and two Gillibrand terms and the Supreme Court will be young and liberal for decades.

I suppose because he thinks she has a better chance to win than Bernie....and possibly for a position in a Clinton administration. I guess there is even a longshot chance that she would pick him as a running mate. Lord knows she needs help with white liberals. That's why I've never understood the talk about picking an Hispanic. She doesn't need any help with Hispanics, Blacks or Women. Progressive White Liberals is the voter group she needs to energize....because they sure as hell aren't very enamored with her right now.

Well, you would just have to ask him about that. In any case, Dean may feel that way, but I don't. Read the salon article I just posted on the Democratic candidates thread. Hillary & her cronies are beyond disgusting. The way the Democratic power brokers have crapped on Bernie is exactly the way they crapped on Howard Dean twelve years ago. I've had enough of that stuff. The Clintons can go to hell as far as I am concerned....and if that means the Republicans win the White House, then so be it. A Republican in the White House wouldn't negatively affect me personally, anyway.....so I'm not going to bust my ass trying to get a damned crook like Hillary Clinton elected.

Dean is now part of the Clinton machine. He was never good enough to beat her, so he just signed up. Good for him. Typical pragmatic politician.

BTW- Saw my first W for Jeb ad during the super bowl last night.

There is now a Twitter account, @RubioGlitch, dedicated to "Senator Rubio's" take on the events of the day, such as his assessment of the Super Bowl:

I'm glad the Broncos won but honestly this notion that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing is wrong. He knows exactly what he's doing.

According to the Neil Bortz commentary that I heard on WSB tonight, Marco Rubio was exactly right. Obama knows exactly what he is doing. He was taught by his parents that America is the source of many of the world's problems, and it was Obama's goal to come to the country, get elected, and then ruin the country. According to Bortz, Obama's presidency has all been based on his goal to ruin America.

Man, some of these guys are completely batshit crazy. I would laugh except I know there are a lot of WSB listeners shaking their heads in agreement with Bortz.

Don't make me laugh. Hillary will not be indicted. There's not even a criminal investigation.

Don't tell Hannity that. According to him, it's just a matter of time before she is indicted and then the election goes to the Republican. Hannity mentions this several times every day.

BTW- Saw my first W for Jeb ad during the super bowl last night.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...worst-president-in-u-s-history?intcid=mod-yml

NEW HAMPSHIRE (The Borowitz Report)—The former Florida Governor Jeb Bush is hoping to jump-start his lagging Presidential campaign with a new television ad featuring the worst President in U.S. history, campaign aides confirm.

With the crucial New Hampshire primary just hours away, the Bush campaign believes it can finish strong by reminding voters of Jeb’s connection to a man who left the nation in smoldering ruins.

In the ad, which Bush aides are calling “a fantastic closing argument,” Jeb’s ability to keep the United States safe and create peace around the world is praised by the President, whose decisions helped destabilize the Middle East and give rise to ISIS.

Across the state, the ad featuring the worst President in U.S. history is making a powerful impression on voters. “It brought back a lot of memories,” Carol Foyler, who lost her house in 2007, said.

With the ad scheduled to air around the clock until primary day, aides to Bush are hoping that the commercial, persuasive as it is, is not too little, too late. “We’re kicking ourselves that we didn’t air this sooner,” one Bush aide said. “An endorsement from [the person who presided over the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression] confers instant credibility.”

Don't tell Hannity that. According to him, it's just a matter of time before she is indicted and then the election goes to the Republican. Hannity mentions this several times every day.

Apparently Hannity doesn't get that having HRC in the race gives the Pubs their best chance for a victory. If she drops out, there is no guarantee Bernie is the default plan. As I mentioned earlier, I think Biden would get in in a second and that would be all she wrote for the Pubs.

Conventional wisdom was that Hillary only lost in 2008 because Obama was a superstar. Bernie isn't a superstar, so HRC is the problem. Hillary, Bernie, Trump, Cruz, Christie, Jeb, and Rubio all have a ton of baggage and would be easy to attack in a general election. Some might work as VPs (Rubio, Christie), but why screw around with any of the motley crew at the top of the ticket? Biden and Kasich have flaws too, but would be much tougher to take down in a general election than the wannabes.

Conventional wisdom was that Hillary only lost in 2008 because Obama was a superstar. Bernie isn't a superstar, so HRC is the problem. Hillary, Bernie, Trump, Cruz, Christie, Jeb, and Rubio all have a ton of baggage and would be easy to attack in a general election. Some might work as VPs (Rubio, Christie), but why screw around with any of the motley crew at the top of the ticket? Biden and Kasich have flaws too, but would be much tougher to take down in a general election than the wannabes.

I don't think McCain goes way out in left field to select a fucking moron as his veep nominee if he was up against Clinton in 2008. And I think he probably had an even money shot to beat her. The Obama machine was amazing that year.

The fact that W & the Pubs had driven the country of a cliff, there was no way an (R) was going to win the 2008 election.

The fact that W & the Pubs had driven the country of a cliff, there was no way an (R) was going to win the 2008 election.

Exactly.....and that is why the Clinton Machine with its cronies in the DLC didn't want Howard Dean to win in 2004 and upset Hillary's plans for a sure win in 2008. They....and everyone else....just didn't foresee the sudden emergence of Barack Obama.

Christie Gloats After Rubio Knockout

So here we have a northeastern state, the largest newspaper in the state has endorsed him, he's coming off a good debate - this seems like Christie's best chance to have a surprisingly good showing.

If he can't do well in NH, he's probably cooked.

I think that Kasich is going to finish 2nd tonight....and Rubio might even fall to 4th, behind Cruz.

Christie did the country a great service by exposing Rubio as the fraud that he is.

Last edited:
Exactly.....and that is why the Clinton Machine with its cronies in the DLC didn't want Howard Dean to win in 2004 and upset Hillary's plans for a sure win in 2008. They....and everyone else....just didn't foresee the sudden emergence of Barack Obama.
Dude would you please get over this delusion you have

Dude would you please get over this delusion you have

You think that is beyond the Clintons? Really? You don't know the Clintons very well. They are every bit as ambitious & ruthless as the Bushes.

Wait until you see what those same people try to do to Bernie after he thrashes Hillary tonight and they finally realize he has become a legitimate threat to her winning the nomination. It will be November, 2003 all over again.

We could have prevented the last four disastrous years of Cheney-Bush, been out of Iraq by the end of 2005 & avoided the economic collapse of 2008 if the Clintons & the DLC had gotten behind the massive grassroots organization that Dean had put together, rather than working behind the scene to split the party to ensure that Dean did not win the nomination.

BTW, Alan Greenspan also deserves a considerable amount of blame for the economic collapse in 2008 by keeping interest rates artificially low in 2003 & thru the 2004 election to keep the economy propped up long enough for Cheney-Bush to squeeze thru that election. By mid-2003 there was already enough evidence for Greenspan to know that the housing market was getting dangerously out of control and heading toward an unsustainable bubble....but Greenspan failed to act. Personally, I think that failure to act was politically motivated....and resulted in the disaster that finally broke big-time in 2008. Still, Cheney-Bush could have been defeated in 2004 if the Clintons & the DLC had been more interested in what was best for the country rather than what was best for Hillary's future political career.

Last edited:
I think that Kasich is going to finish 2nd tonight....and Rubio might even fall to 4th, behind Cruz.

Christie did the country a great service by exposing Rubio as the fraud that he is.

I think tonight goes:

Trump
Kasich
Rubio
Cruz
Bush

Back