• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Saw a bizarre interview with Carly today. She was ranting and lashing out at the RNC, ABC, other GOP candidates, and Hillary. All are apparently involved in a vast conspiracy to keep Carly out of the debates because they're terrified of her superhuman abilities. Kept raving the other 7 candidates. As far as I know Gilmore hasn't dropped out so it was realiy weird Carly dismissed him while whining about being dismissed herself. Vowed to stay in until the convention. Really sad and strange if Gilmore, Carly, and Carson stay in the race after tonight.

Saw a bizarre interview with Carly today. She was ranting and lashing out at the RNC, ABC, other GOP candidates, and Hillary. All are apparently involved in a vast conspiracy to keep Carly out of the debates because they're terrified of her superhuman abilities. Kept raving the other 7 candidates. As far as I know Gilmore hasn't dropped out so it was realiy weird Carly dismissed him while whining about being dismissed herself. Vowed to stay in until the convention. Really sad and strange if Gilmore, Carly, and Carson stay in the race after tonight.

Apparently, CA voters were just as terrified of her superhuman abilities when she ran against that master politician Barbara Boxer.

I still don't think I've met anyone who is a Cruz supporter. Met a solid number of Trump people and most of the people I know who are conservatives like either Rubio or Kasich, but still haven't met anyone who thinks Cruz is their top guy.

I have a friend who is crazy for Cruz. His Facebook feed is unbearable. Consider yourself lucky.

I wonder if some other sports message board has some weird old delusional coot who will incessantly post for years about Carly being screwed over by the Republican establishment...

Trump, Cruz, Kasich, Rubio, and Jeb left. Trump and Cruz now have better shots than the other three. Cruz is a creepy weasel, but he's played a poor hand well by investing in organization. Isn't going to win based on charm and charisma.

Best shot for the establishment is a quick coalescence around a single candidate and a long war of attrition. Jeb's the only one with deep enough pockets, but the base hates him.

Trump hates Cruz, but it's in their best interest to go after the establishment systematically rather than each other. Pick off Kasich first and let Jeb and Rubio cannibalize each other.

Cruz is eventually going to have to take on Trump directly and it won't be pretty. Trump will swat him away like a fly. Will doom Cruz's chances of being the VP nominee. Christie's the only one who could have taken Trump on directly and survived.

The biggest loser on Tuesday, even bigger than Clinton, was Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL). Though it's only by a few points, a fifth-place finish is dismal. At best, he lost his chance to deliver a knockout blow to his establishment competitors, two of whom beat him on Tuesday. At worst, he and the voting public will spend the next 10 days (and probably more) hearing that he's no longer a candidate who voters take seriously. The Senator blamed his poor debate performance for the loss:
Our disappointment tonight is not on you. It's on me. It's on me. I did not—I did not do well on Saturday night, so listen to this: That will never happen again."

It's an honest assessment, perhaps, but also one that's a bit tone deaf. First of all, he might want to talk to Howard Dean about how much it helped to never do the "Dean scream" again, or to Dan Quayle about how much it helped to never misspell "potato" again. Beyond that, Rubio's supporters and his potential supporters are not really interested in hearing that he won't make the same mistake. What they want to hear is a plausible explanation for how that moment (actually, those moments) do not reflect who the Senator really is—that he's not merely an empty suit who thoughtlessly repeats whatever his advisors tell him to say. He's going to struggle to regain his momentum, particularly since the pressure (which he does not handle well) is going to be dialed up to 10 at the GOP debate on Saturday.

Trump, Cruz, Kasich, Rubio, and Jeb left. Trump and Cruz now have better shots than the other three. Cruz is a creepy weasel, but he's played a poor hand well by investing in organization. Isn't going to win based on charm and charisma.

Best shot for the establishment is a quick coalescence around a single candidate and a long war of attrition. Jeb's the only one with deep enough pockets, but the base hates him.

Trump hates Cruz, but it's in their best interest to go after the establishment systematically rather than each other. Pick off Kasich first and let Jeb and Rubio cannibalize each other.

Cruz is eventually going to have to take on Trump directly and it won't be pretty. Trump will swat him away like a fly. Will doom Cruz's chances of being the VP nominee. Christie's the only one who could have taken Trump on directly and survived.

This is the new Cruz commercial

There's an intriguing juxtaposition of people who are gung ho about the literalism of the 2nd Amendment while also screaming loudly about the inequities and garbage that is eminent domain.

Maybe they were there in civics class on Tuesday for the 2nd Amendment but played hooky on Friday when the 5th came up.

There's an intriguing juxtaposition of people who are gung ho about the literalism of the 2nd Amendment while also screaming loudly about the inequities and garbage that is eminent domain.

Maybe they were there in civics class on Tuesday for the 2nd Amendment but played hooky on Friday when the 5th came up.

You're thinking too much. More anger/fear, less thinking.

That is how Trump should deflect the criticism- talk about it in relation to the Constitution.

The Daily Beast reporting from the Trump and Rubio after parties:

Inside Trump’s Frat Boy Nirvana

The crowd was mostly white and predominantly male. They wore Make America Great Again! hats and pinstripe suits, as well as denim jackets and fingerless leather gloves. Draped over their shoulders were knit, “TRUMP” scarves. They drank beer and vodka cranberries. Before Trump arrived onstage, to The Beatles’ “Revolution,” they passed the time by eating free cheese and crackers and puff pastry hors d’oeuvres.

It felt like a budget wedding, or a fancy frat party. And the mood was nothing short of completely ecstatic.

Skocay was wearing a “Team Marco Rubio 2016” t-shirt—just one of four Rubio-themed shirts he owns—and had painted the American flag on his face.

“Certainly it’s disappointing—coming out of Iowa, it looked like things were going pretty well. Maybe the last New Hampshire debate performance had more of an impact than the campaign would have hoped,” Skocay said

As for the face paint?

“Obviously I was hoping that would go with a good return with the vote tonight. Now it seems a little out of place,” he said.

It's interesting to me that all these candidates bowing out of the field are just throwing haymakers as they go down which torpedoes other candidates. Christie is the best example. Not a lot of statesmen in the field.

hollllllly shit I just watched that Rubio gaff. That was 10x worse than I expected even knowing what was gonna happen. Complete meltdown and just destroyed his campaign.

hollllllly shit I just watched that Rubio gaff. That was 10x worse than I expected even knowing what was gonna happen. Complete meltdown and just destroyed his campaign.

Rubiobot. It was a masterful takedown by Christie. Kasich and JEB! should cut him a check, because he saved their campaigns.

Back