• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Trump
Bush
Kasich
Cruz
wgaf

#plzclap

1456690436850595880.jpg

The votes for Kasich and Bush are going to be interesting to watch. I think they go to Kasich because of his campaigning in NH, but they could go to Bush.

Also, I don't see Bush dropping out yet with all the money that he has raised so far, even with a poor performance tonight.

Only thing certain is Trump wins. Its hard to predict what folks in NH are going to do. It would not surprise me to see Kasich, Jeb, or CC finish 2nd.

Trunp
Kasich
Bush
Rubio
Cruz

All five move on. Bush has been surging for some reason so I wouldn't be shocked if he took 2nd.

#pleaseclap is my favorite

though Trump did let some chick call Cruz a pussy, which is also awesome

Trump's SOTU addresses would be awesome. Ryan would be pained and Palin would be cracking up and head bobbing every time Trump called somebody a fuckstick.

I don't think McCain goes way out in left field to select a fucking moron as his veep nominee if he was up against Clinton in 2008. And I think he probably had an even money shot to beat her. The Obama machine was amazing that year.

I agree the Obama machine was amazing in 2008. But I still think Hillary beats McCain somewhat easily that year despite her high negatives. And that's because the economy was going to hell in a handbag, and whoever is in office when that happens loses that election. The tougher question would have been would Hillary have beaten McCain without the economy taking a nose dive, and I think it would have been close.

As for NH, it looks like Trump wins by 10-15%. It's a good state for him. It's a bad state for Cruz because of a lack of religious zealots. It's also a good state for Jeb!, Kasich and Christie, but the trouble is all 3 are polling in the 10-15% range along with Rubio, though Rubio should take a last minute dive. Had the establishment vote already coalesced around 1 of those 3, then that person might have won the thing with like 30% of the vote. But it hasn't coalesced, and so all 3 probably get at least 10% and continue to limp along. Which means the real winners are Trump and Cruz.

I still don't think I've met anyone who is a Cruz supporter. Met a solid number of Trump people and most of the people I know who are conservatives like either Rubio or Kasich, but still haven't met anyone who thinks Cruz is their top guy.

I still don't think I've met anyone who is a Cruz supporter. Met a solid number of Trump people and most of the people I know who are conservatives like either Rubio or Kasich, but still haven't met anyone who thinks Cruz is their top guy.

That's because he's a batshit crazy evangelical.

I know one who was initially a Carson supporter and has jumped to Cruz. He's ultra religious.

Back