• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Trump would work more with congress than Cruz. Nobody in DC likes that sociopath.

(that's a weird sentence to have to type out)

Who do you think is going to win?

hillary-yoga_650x400_41445582825.jpg

SC Primary is rapidly approaching, so my social media is very awesome right now. Even the Bernie Bros around here are getting riled up and have stopped talking about their homebrews and such.

SC Primary is rapidly approaching, so my social media is very awesome right now. Even the Bernie Bros around here are getting riled up and have stopped talking about their homebrews and such.

Have any Bernie girls hit on you for a vote?

I agree with most of your original premises but not the conclusion. I would much rather have Trump than Cruz.

Depends on Congress I suppose. I also am looking at it from a standpoint of expected negative value. Cruz might be worse than Trump but because Trump has a greater chance of getting elected he scares me more.

I also think Trump would be worse for the Presidency long term. If people thought Dubya was a bumbling idiot and an embarrassment to the office, Trump would be orders of magnitude worse. Cruz might be evil, and rightfully hated, but he's not a fool. I also think his ability to steer the country to the right will be about the same as Obama's ability to steer the country to the left.

Watching Trump's interview with Lester Holt, I think he is more reasoned and calculating that he lets on. I think he could actually reign it in and talk policy if he wanted to. And will have to if he gets the Pub nomination.

He basically admitted that most of his most inflammatory statements are for show and to get attention.

Watching Trump's interview with Lester Holt, I think he is more reasoned and calculating that he lets on. I think he could actually reign it in and talk policy if he wanted to. And will have to if he gets the Pub nomination.

He basically admitted that most of his most inflammatory statements are for show and to get attention.

That doesn't excuse them. And he has shown very little ability to discuss policy in debates thus far. When he does, he consistently uses facts that are wrong/lies. The fact checkers usually have a field day with him.

Do Republican voters want reasoned and calculating?

I also think Trump would be worse for the Presidency long term. If people thought Dubya was a bumbling idiot and an embarrassment to the office, Trump would be orders of magnitude worse.

Nixon's language on the tapes was surprising, especially for the '60s and '70s. Trump talks exactly the same way during public appearances and he knows exactly what he's doing. Long before Monica, Bubba was criticized for being photographed wearing running shorts in the Oval Office. W's WH heavily publicized coat and ties required in the Oval Office. Get why the GOP hated Bubba, but they'll look ridiculous and hypocritical when Trump is their nominee.

I just don't see how people get to that conclusion. Any public appearance I have seen of Trump's lacks any sign of rational thought or a command of the english language. That includes before his run for president. I find it hard to believe that is an act.

The Donald out here makin' deals

516W6PY-hvL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back