• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Kudos to Trump for admitting that PP does some good things in the debate

The more I think about it, the more I agree with this article. When I was watching the debate I had my doubts about Trump's strategy...and said as much in a previous post. However, if there has been one constant in this wild GOP race it has been that Trump has always been one step ahead of his rivals in judging the mood of Republican voters....and this time may be no different than all the others. I guess we will know more after South Carolina votes next Saturday.

The fact is, though, that the GOP deliberately filled the auditorium with anti-Trump people for that debate in an increasingly desperate attempt to make Trump look bad before a national audience. The questions is whether Republican voters as a whole are more driven by their past fondness of the Bushes or by their anger of feeling betrayed by the GOP establishment. Certainly, it's hard to believe that GOP voters who hold anti-immigration views would be very supportive of George W Bush today.....and while they may be loathe to admit it publicly, there can't be many of them left who truly believe by now that Bush's decision to invade Iraq was the right thing to do. So, it took balls for Trump to come down hard on George W Bush in that debate....but I'm beginning to think that it was a calculated move, not a guy who was "out of control". It falls right into what voters have been attracted to Trump for all along....his willingness to "tell it like it is" and to take on the GOP establishment anywhere & everywhere. (And by the way, if he should get the nomination, his willingness to attack Bush & the Iraq War in South Carolina will only help him with Independent voters & Democratic voters who aren't enamored with Hillary Clinton, should she be the Democratic nominee.)

It seems to me that we should be long past the time to continue to write Trump off as a "crazy buffoon". It might even be time to paraphrase Marco Rubio instead:

"Let's end this fiction that Donald Trump doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing."

And I am reminded of another quote I once heard somewhere....author unknown:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American voter."

I don't think anybody believes Trump doesn't know exactly what he is doing. Doesn't mean he's not a buffoon, and doesn't mean his campaign isn't a circus. He's not crazy -- but anybody who would vote for him is.

What's Carson's angle at this point-purely a spoiler for Cruz? Evangelicals now know Carson's a fraud and even with Cruz's tricks, he was nowhere near winning Iowa or even coming in third. Trump's burned multiple bridges and Carson doesn't add anything as VP.

I don't think anybody believes Trump doesn't know exactly what he is doing. Doesn't mean he's not a buffoon, and doesn't mean his campaign isn't a circus. He's not crazy -- but anybody who would vote for him is.

That's exactly how I feel about Hillary Clinton and anyone who would vote for her. Guess that's why we have elections.

That's exactly how I feel about Hillary Clinton and anyone who would vote for her. Guess that's why we have elections.

Howard Dean is crazy. I'm glad you are finally coming around to admitting what everyone else accepted 12 years ago.

Is he trying to defund PP?

Yes and I applaud him for it. There are plenty of women's health institutions that could take that money and do just as good a job as PP without the abortion clinics. The left acts as though PP is the only women's organization that is competent enough to outsource mammograms. I mean they don't even do it themselves. The reason the left wants to protect PP is because of abortions, not because of women's health. Kasich is no more extreme for not liking PP, than you are for supporting it. It is simply a difference in political opinion. He supports women's health. He doesn't support women, who if without outside influence are allowed to grow as they normally would, being killed. To me it is your position that history will prove to be extreme.

You tell me if this is worth defending? Parasite or human?

Last edited:
Yes and I applaud him for it. There are plenty of women's health institutions that could take that money and do just as good a job as PP without the abortion clinics. The left acts as though PP is the only women's organization that is competent enough to outsource mammograms. I mean they don't even do it themselves. The reason the left wants to protect PP is because of abortions, not because of women's health. Kasich is no more extreme for not liking PP, than you are for supporting it. It is simply a difference in political opinion.

It's not a moderate position though.

What's Carson's angle at this point-purely a spoiler for Cruz? Evangelicals now know Carson's a fraud and even with Cruz's tricks, he was nowhere near winning Iowa or even coming in third. Trump's burned multiple bridges and Carson doesn't add anything as VP.

Book sales

Yes and I applaud him for it. There are plenty of women's health institutions that could take that money and do just as good a job as PP without the abortion clinics. The left acts as though PP is the only women's organization that is competent enough to outsource mammograms. I mean they don't even do it themselves. The reason the left wants to protect PP is because of abortions, not because of women's health. Kasich is no more extreme for not liking PP, than you are for supporting it. It is simply a difference in political opinion. He supports women's health. He doesn't support women, who if without outside influence are allowed to grow as they normally would, being killed. To me it is your position that history will prove to be extreme.

You tell me if this is worth defending? Parasite or human?

Another example of Republicans taking away a woman's right to chose where and how she gets her health coverage.

Mind boggling that any self-respecting woman would vote for any of them.

yeah, but your feelings are based on complete bullshit conspiracy theories and spite, so...

In late 2003, the Clinton people had a decision to make. Howard Dean was the clear front-runner for the Democratic nomination. He was far ahead in the polls, in money-raising & in grassroots support. If the Party had united behind him, we could have avoided four more years of death, destruction & financial collapse of Cheney-Bush. The Clintons & their cronies in the DLC decided instead to begin a vicious whisper campaign against Dean with the goal of undermining his candidacy. Their decision was that it was better to give Cheney-Bush four more years to fuck up the country so that in 2008 Hillary could waltz into the White House. The only miscalculation they made was that neither they...nor anyone else...could foresee the sudden rise of Barack Obama.

That's the kind of person that Hillary Clinton is. She let the country go to hell to further her political career.

In late 2003, the Clinton people had a decision to make. Howard Dean was the clear front-runner for the Democratic nomination. He was far ahead in the polls, in money-raising & in grassroots support. If the Party had united behind him, we could have avoided four more years of death, destruction & financial collapse of Cheney-Bush. The Clintons & their cronies in the DLC decided instead to begin a vicious whisper campaign against Dean with the goal of undermining his candidacy. Their decision was that it was better to give Cheney-Bush four more years to fuck up the country so that in 2008 Hillary could waltz into the White House. The only miscalculation they made was that neither they...nor anyone else...could foresee the sudden rise of Barack Obama.

That's the kind of person that Hillary Clinton is. She let the country go to hell to further her political career.

And now Howard Dean wants her to be President. Its almost as if Bobby Knight wanted Gene Hooks to be his athletic director.

Another example of Republicans taking away a woman's right to chose where and how she gets her health coverage.

Mind boggling that any self-respecting woman would vote for any of them.

About 26 million women that never got that chance, and 600,000 more are eliminated each year. That is what is mindboggling.

Last edited:
Back