• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Saw a recent poll with Kasich in 2nd at 15%. Could that be for realz....? May have to go see the doctor if someone doesn't correct me in the next 4 hours.

It seems highly improbable that Kasich could finish ahead of both Rubio & Bush in SC.....but if it happened, both Rubio & Bush should drop out of the race and endorse Kasich immediately...before the March 1st primaries. That's the only chance the GOP Establishment has to stop either Trump or Cruz from getting the nomination....and even that may be too late.

Bottom line: Jeb Bush is totally fucking up the GOP's chance to win this election. He never had a chance to win the nomination himself.....though the Bush Family arrogance has prevented him from accepting the reality of his situation....and his continued presence in the race is killing Kasich and Rubio's chance of winning the nomination.

Ooh, just saw that Trump has been threatening a third party run again in South Carolina. The RNC isn't holding up their part of the contract he signed!

Ooh, just saw that Trump has been threatening a third party run again in South Carolina. The RNC isn't holding up their part of the contract he signed!

If he wins SC, he needs to force the other candidates to pledge their support for him.

How does Trump win as an independent-HRC, Bloomberg, Cruz, Trump? His best shot is as the GOP nominee. He's spending minimal $s now and would have to spend hugely as an independent. Bloomberg has deeper pockets and is significantly more liquid than Trump.

Trump was just reminding the GOP Elite that he still has them by the balls. And what he said was true, by the way. That pledge was a 2-way street. Everyone pledged to support the GOP nominee....not just everyone except Trump, if he was the nominee. And it is obvious that all of the other Republican candidates are not going to do that. 2 or 3 of them have already publicly stated that they would not support Trump if he was the nominee. So this gives Trump all the legitimacy he needs to run on a 3rd party ticket if the GOP Establishment finds a way to screw him out of the nomination....if he should decide that's what he wanted to do.

The GOP Establishment is so dumb. Reminds me of GWB foolishly saying he would call for a UN vote to authorize his military action in Iraq....without having any assurance that he had the votes to win approval. Then, of course, he reneged on that promise, once it became clear that the votes were not there to win approval.

ETA: Answer to Rube: I don't know that Trump could win in that situation or not. Who the hell knows what will happen anymore? We're pretty much in uncharted waters here. He could just be doing it to fuck the Republicans out of spite....like Perot fucked GHWB in 1992. They have treated him pretty shitty so far. Packing that debate auditorium Saturday night was certainly a dirty deal. Forcing him to sign a pledge to support the GOP nominee...then failing to reciprocate should he win the nomination was another.

Last edited:
When I went to the Debate in Charleston, sitting next to me was a group of RNC people from Nebraska. The man next to me told me it was his 4th debate. There are lots of people in the crowd at these R debates that have been to multiple debates all over the country.

(disclaimer: deaconbrews is not a powerbroker in the republican party. assuming so would be a YUGE mistake)

If Kasich doesn't win a part of me hopes this all blows up so we can expose the crazies in my party and hopefully learn from it.

If Kasich doesn't win a part of me hopes this all blows up so we can expose the crazies in my party and hopefully learn from it.

You realize that there is a significant overlap between those crazies and organized religion, right?

foam.jpg

Marco Rubio's foam parties, high heeled boots, and questionable arrest.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/videos/a41413/marco-rubio-boots-foam-party/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...82a72e-c04d-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

Huge amount of information there. Never heard of Tarkio College, but apparently a private four year college that gave scholarships to marginal recruits with 2.1 high school GPAs. School closed shortly after Rubio was academically ineligible. 30% of American adults have 4 year degrees and 10% have advanced degrees. No doubt that Cruz is academically accomplished. Trump stopped talking about his Wharton grades after it was revealed that he didn't graduate with honors. The Rubiobot was a disaster, but, while he may not be brilliant, he's still pretty well coached. If it ever comes down to it, Cruz wouldn't be well served by going after Rubio or Biden for crappy grades.

Had forgotten that Douglas Ginsburg's SC nomination ended after he admitted smoked dope. Rubio got popped for underaged drinking. Drinking age went to 21 nationally in the mid-'80s. No doubt a majority of Americans between 16 and 70 drank underage and/or smoked weed since the mid-'60s. It's no mystery why we get exactly the candidates we deserve. No sane person would have their life since their teen years examined.

Maybe I missed something but there's nothing wrong with either of those stories. His sister was cute too.

Saw a recent poll with Kasich in 2nd at 15%. Could that be for realz....? May have to go see the doctor if someone doesn't correct me in the next 4 hours.

According to PPP today, they show the numbers to be Trump 35, Cruz 18, Rubio 18, Kasich 10, Bush 7, Carson 7. They seem to be pretty reliable in their polling and being in SC this is about what it feels like to me. There are actually some independents and usual Dems that I know that are going to vote for Trump on Saturday.

I agree that RNC has shit all over Trump and knowing the kind of guy he is, I can see him crapping all over GOP by running 3rd party to prove his point.

Back