• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Her opening show was about 10 times better than I thought it'd be. She's exactly what the Daily Show is lacking now - actually has some bite to her commentary. Trevor Noah is watchable and funny at times but he has no edge to him.

It's hard to buy a very recent immigrant as an astute observer of our political process.

Saw a recent poll with Kasich in 2nd at 15%. Could that be for realz....? May have to go see the doctor if someone doesn't correct me in the next 4 hours.

No need to see a Dr-new SC poll has Kasich dead last at 4%, Carson at 6%. Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day.

Reactions: ONW
So Trump the person loaned all the money to Trump the campaign, which of course, has no income and can never pay back, so does he get to write that off as a loss and save on taxes?

So Trump the person loaned all the money to Trump the campaign, which of course, has no income and can never pay back, so does he get to write that off as a loss and save on taxes?

Is this a story?

Trump up 34 to 16 over Cruz in most recent SC poll (SC Republican House Caucus). Rubio and Bush at 15, Kasich at 8 and Carson at 7.

In Nevada, Trump at 45 Rubio at 19 and Cruz at 17.

GOP...this is getting great lol. The top three candidates are a flamboyant billionaire, a far right wacko who is hated by the majority of elected officials of his own party, and a dude who apparently thinks Obama is prepared to run for dictator of the universe - make no mistake he knows exactly what he's doing.

The GOP is dead.

Accountants can chime in, but generally you can't deduct your own campaign debt as a bad debt unless there was something in the ordinary course of business (i.e., you own an office supply company and provide office supplies on credit to the campaign). Even that may not be deductible if there was no reasonable expectation of repayment.

Is "people will eventually donate enough to my campaign to cover the entire loan" a reasonable expectation of payment?

Still curious about potential VPs for Trump. Cruz and Jeb! are definitely out. Nikki Haley, not so much. That leaves Kasich, Rubio, Christie, Carson, Palin, Rodman, and Meatloaf.

Still curious about potential VPs for Trump. Cruz and Jeb! are definitely out. Nikki Haley, not so much. That leaves Kasich, Rubio, Christie, Carson, Palin, Rodman, and Meatloaf.

He's going to make us so great, we won't need a VP.

Trump up 34 to 16 over Cruz in most recent SC poll (SC Republican House Caucus). Rubio and Bush at 15, Kasich at 8 and Carson at 7.

In Nevada, Trump at 45 Rubio at 19 and Cruz at 17.

GOP...this is getting great lol. The top three candidates are a flamboyant billionaire, a far right wacko who is hated by the majority of elected officials of his own party, and a dude who apparently thinks Obama is prepared to run for dictator of the universe - make no mistake he knows exactly what he's doing.

The GOP is dead.

It's so awesome.

I still think that Kasich or Christie would by far be the best options. I can't decide whether I think Kasich would accept an offer....but I feel pretty sure that Christie would.

I still think that Kasich or Christie would by far be the best options. I can't decide whether I think Kasich would accept an offer....but I feel pretty sure that Christie would.

Hasn't Kasich already said he won't be anyone's VP?

Christie would take it in a heart beat. These 2 are cut from the same "bully" model.

Hasn't Kasich already said he won't be anyone's VP?

Christie would take it in a heart beat. These 2 are cut from the same "bully" model.

Yes, Kasich said he wouldn't...kind of. Nobody who is still running for president is going to come right out and say he would take the #2 spot. That would make him look incredibly weak. So I don't think that anything that Kasich has said about taking the VP spot couldn't be easily reversed. Having said that, I don't get the feeling that it would be something Kasich would be that crazy about.....but he is a politician, and this would be his last best chance to remain on the national political stage....so you never know.

What about Not Sure?

Kasich's numbers have collapsed in SC and his support has almost entirely migrated to Rubio. Kasich is termed out as Governor (done in 2018) and will be 64 in November. Doesn't have the cash to wade through the South until primaries move to the Midwest. 2020 would be his last shot. Is it better to bank on Trump losing or stepping down after four years or to steer clear altogether? He could try a Senate run in 2018, but he's already run twice for POTUS.

GOP base doesn't love either Christie or Kasich, but Kasich never hugged the Kenyan. Christie would take VP or Attorney General in a heartbeat.

Carson, Jeb, and Kasich out after SC, does Trump go after Rubio or Cruz? Hates Cruz, but Rubio with establishment $s is the bigger threat. Cruz won't be Trump's VP, but he'll have to write off Rubio too if he destroys him.

Scalia's death helps the GOP in the Senate. They can't back down on hearings until after the Senate primaries are done unless they want a bunch of Tea Party nominees. May be going for the full shoot the moon and hope Trump works out. Otherwise they'll end up with a transsexual atheist gun hating commie replacing Scalia.

Back