• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@casisdead 2m
GHANA GET GROUP OF DEATH. NIGERIA GET TEAMS THAT ARE JUST HAPPY TO BE WEARING SHOES.

USUAL NAIJA FRAUD/WITCHCRAFT

Natal, Manaus, Recife. Our group might be brutal, but I like those locations.

we're gonna have fun

Nah we gotta get 3 points against Ghana.

FUCK THEM. 4-0.

LETS MURDER THEIR ASSES

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's the spirit

Can anyone confirm? Would mean I avoid the Pinehurst US Open / US WC match overlap.

times are semi-right at least, not checking it, but dates are correct

have a wedding saturday june 28, kinda worried about that. really want to travel back fri june 27

Nooooo

@beINSPORTUSA 8m
The WCGDI (World Cup Group Difficulty Index) tells us that Group G (Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA) is #1 in hardest to win.

Retweeted by Ives:

#USMNT schedule: June 16 vs Ghana, 6pm ET. June 22 vs Portugal, 3pm ET. June 26 vs Germany, 12pm ET

Well the city of Recife looks awesome

Honestly I'm pretty happy about the cities. We're going to have fun and how many people can say they've been to the Amazon? Just don't choke against Ghana and we'll have at least a sliver of hope going into the game against Germany.

@fivethirtyeight: USA's draw is bad but not terrible. Perhaps some irrational fear of Ghana because of our history with them.

Ok Nate Silver is helping. No idea what he knows about soccer, and no idea how our draw in not terrible, but ok Nate Silver. I see you.

"@sportspickle: I know people think the U.S. has a tough draw, but how many goals has Cristiano Ronaldo ever scored in the MLS? Landon Donovan >>>>. #FACTS"

I honestly think we will beat Ghana. I'm fine drawing them. It's all going to come down to what we do vs. Portugal.

According to SPI, Brazil has a 96.9% of winning WC. That is bad math there. That means over 99% chance against chile/holland/spain, then 99% in quarters, 99% in semis, and 99% in finals. Not good math there. They are favored, but not sure over 50%.

Our order of games is pretty much ideal for us. Also, if we advance, Group H isn't exactly a scary proposition to go up against.

I wouldn't be upset if Crissy gets hurt in the late spring though

Matchday one - we HAVE to beat Ghana and Germany HAS to beat Portugal

I honestly think we will beat Ghana. I'm fine drawing them. It's all going to come down to what we do vs. Portugal.

I agree. And as I stated earlier we seem to play up or down to our competition. No way we can overlook/underestimate any of our opponents. That being said we have got to figure out our LB/RB situation. Ronaldo is going to eat us alive if we don't.

Also a Real Madrid elongated Champions League and La Liga run would be great. Get tired Chrissy. Get hurt. Take a few knocks. Maybe turn an ankle.

Back