• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

According to SPI, Brazil has a 96.9% of winning WC. That is bad math there. That means over 99% chance against chile/holland/spain, then 99% in quarters, 99% in semis, and 99% in finals. Not good math there. They are favored, but not sure over 50%.

Earlier in the show they showed odds (Vegas? I don't know who set them) with Brazil winning at 7:2....seems like good value there.

Maybe 96.9% is just advancing.

Beat Ghana, draw with Portugal.

Germany beats Portugal and Ghana.

Draw with already advanced Germany as Low takes it easy on Klinsy.

US advances

Nate Silver's numbers surprised me. 39% chance of advancement for the Red, White and Blue; 40% for Portugal & 29% for Ghana

According to SPI, Brazil has a 96.9% of winning WC. That is bad math there. That means over 99% chance against chile/holland/spain, then 99% in quarters, 99% in semis, and 99% in finals. Not good math there. They are favored, but not sure over 50%.

That is impossible

@petersagal 28s Trick to beat Germany is to wait until they get bogged down in a match with Russia, then open a second front.

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed, CR7!!!!111

Our order of games is pretty much ideal for us. Also, if we advance, Group H isn't exactly a scary proposition to go up against.

I wouldn't be upset if Crissy gets hurt in the late spring though

H may not be much after Belgium, but if we're lucky enough to make it to round 2 behind ze Germans, we get Belgium. This Belgium team is really good and destroyed us in a friendly over the Summer.

Would love to see Crissy go down. Easily the most despicable soccer player, though I guess Rooney is a somewhat close 2nd.

So who is everyone rooting for after we go down? I'm pulling for Uruguay and Argentina.

H may not be much after Belgium, but if we're lucky enough to make it to round 2 behind ze Germans, we get Belgium. This Belgium team is really good and destroyed us in a friendly over the Summer.

Would love to see Crissy go down. Easily the most despicable soccer player, though I guess Rooney is a somewhat close 2nd.

So who is everyone rooting for after we go down? I'm pulling for Uruguay and Argentina.

Well almost any game in the knockout stage won't be easy, and at that level Belgium is a team I'd take my chances against. They're also a team with literally no tournament experience, so who knows how they'll handle the pressure. There's always a team or two that gets hyped up a ton and then crashes hard.

has to be a typo and that is their % of advancing, which is too low in that case since it doesn't read 100%

lol your two most despicable footballers are cr7 and rooney?

no. and i hate united too. but no.

Ba0lykxCAAAhAZD.png:large

Back