• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

"Fifa: Jack Warner banned for life from football activities

Former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has been banned from football for life.
The 72-year-old Trinidadian is the former head of Caribbean and North and Central American football (Concacaf), but quit Fifa in 2011.
He is fighting extradition to the US on corruption charges and denies accepting millions of dollars in bribes."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34388545

Looks like Guardado could be back in time for the match next weekend. Will be interesting to see if Mexico takes a chance on him having not played for the past 4 weeks.

US U-23s begin their campaign to qualify for Olympics tonight against Canada. 9pm ET on NBC Universo. Pelosi, Gil, Hyndman, Morris, Serna...interested to see how the young guys do tonight. Try to erase the memory of our last Olympic qualifying effort.

@BrianSciaretta: US U-23 starting XI: Steffen; Polster, CCV, Miazga, Serna; Trapp; Alashe, Hyndman; Zelalem; Morris, Kiesewetter (4-4-2 diamond)

Ended up a 3-1 win. We looked good other than the goal when we decided to leave a guy completely unmarked at the near post.

Ended up a 3-1 win. We looked good other than the goal when we decided to leave a guy completely unmarked at the near post.

To be clear, he was left completely unmarked (as in no one was trying to mark him at all) at the near post on a corner, which is something I've never seen before. Good win though. Thought Kieswetter and Morris were impressive.

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread (USA vs. MEXICO on OCT. 10th!!!!!!...

@ussoccer: Read all about it- http://t.co/wPMgCUnDFK Big thanks to @FoxTV for the roster announcement! #USAvMEX

No Gonzo, Bacon, or Brooks.

Beasley, Alvarado, Danny Williams, Ream, and Wondo all in.

AJ and Brooks have been hurt, so I'm not surprised about that, but Omar and Mix I did not see coming. I just hope Jurgen gets it right

Mix has been useless for club and country ever since the Germany match. Gonzo has been poor as well but still better than Alvarado and Orozco so that omission is kinda surprising.

I don't think Mix is actually good, so I'm not upset he's left off. JK seemed to call him every time possible though, so that's why I figured he'd get called again. It's well established that form means almost nothing in terms of getting a call these days.

Jk played him behind Stu in the 2013 Gold Cup, didn't play him a minute in Brazil, and I don't recall him starting many key matches in 2015.

I'm with Jurgen on this one, Mix simply hasn't shown anything that makes you want to put him on the field.

Back