• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Meh, what's more important is that they are pushed up to a more competitive level, not age group.

Oh agreed, but the older kids are in the more competitive levels.

Why does it still surprise me to see Jozy get outmuscled and lose every aerial duel and 50/50 ball possible?

It's like watching Roy Hibbert suck year after year but your brain can't process the pattern.

@FutbolIntellect: "I thought everyone played well tonight. The boys managed to tie their laces and stay in their positions, more or less." Jurgen Klinsmann.

There are plenty of increasingly competitive levels at that age. Really no reason to play up.

My kid is playing in the highest level of her age group and is bored out of her mind! She needs to be playing up in older groups highest level.

My kid is playing in the highest level of her age group and is bored out of her mind! She needs to be playing up in older groups highest level.
No, you need to put her in an Academy program where she'll be surrounded by more talent... If she's that good.

No, you need to put her in an Academy program where she'll be surrounded by more talent... If she's that good.

She is in Academy, highest level, same age group, not challenged....

I think I know what happened to our team...

e3dcb8a7385bfa9b96cbe69a487a0a73.jpg

Jozy terrible? I strongly disagree with that and I've been down on Jozy for quite some time now. His hold up play/distribution was excellent and if he had anyone of use up front he would have bagged 2 assists.

Agree that Zardes was crap.

FWIW, I haven't read too much after the match, but Sciaretta and ESPN both had Jozy as their MOTM

Jozy didn't have a great first half, but he had a very good second half. He certainly wasn't terrible. Zardes had his worst game for the USMNT.

Bradley looked like pre-WC Bradley. He was giving the ball away on simple passes. It was painful.

Back