• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

John Brooks off injured for @VfLWolfsburg_EN. Obviously not a good #USMNT development approaching two vital qualifiers.

Omar injured yesterday as well

@BrianSciaretta: Weston McKennie, 18, gets the start at CM for Schalke today in its German Cup 1st rd matchup vs BFC Dynamo. 12:30pm EST kickoff #USMNT

If you're looking for the next potential "Pulisic", this is the kid.

John Brooks off injured for @VfLWolfsburg_EN. Obviously not a good #USMNT development approaching two vital qualifiers.

Omar injured yesterday as well

And Yedlin still isn't playing yet due to injury.

We need to put Geoff Cameron in a plastic bubble till the end of the month.

Whaaaaaaaat? I'm not saying they're night and day, but that is a hot take. Ream goes to lunch during games. Give me Besler all day, every day over Ream (at this moment in time).

Wouldn't call that a hot take at all unless we're still taking into account matches from 2013-2014 for Besler, which I'm not.

Ream just took home team of the week honors for Fulham and most recently anchored the back line beside Cameron in Azteca to claim a point. Also went the full 90 in Panama during the last set of WCQs, claiming another point.

For comparison, Beslers last action in WCQ came during a 2-1 defeat at home to Mexico; follow by a 4-0 loss to Costa Rica on the road.

Just for clarification, I hope we're in a spot where we don't have to start either, but if Brooks is out, Ream is absolutely my go to man to fill in that spot, ahead of Besler. I believe Bruce agrees as well, judging by recent lineups.

Wouldn't call that a hot take at all unless we're still taking into account matches from 2013-2014 for Besler, which I'm not.

Ream just took home team of the week honors for Fulham and most recently anchored the back line beside Cameron in Azteca to claim a point. Also went the full 90 in Panama during the last set of WCQs, claiming another point.

For comparison, Beslers last action in WCQ came during a 2-1 defeat at home to Mexico; follow by a 4-0 loss to Costa Rica on the road.

Just for clarification, I hope we're in a spot where we don't have to start either, but if Brooks is out, Ream is absolutely my go to man to fill in that spot, ahead of Besler. I believe Bruce agrees as well, judging by recent lineups.
Is Ream possibly a ginger? That might account for the bias.

Tim Ream is better than Besler and it's not really close

Disagree, at least when it comes to playing in a back 4. Ream is serviceable at a LCB in a back 3 but has underwhelmed in two CB pairing.

If we're going for Back 3 play Ream, back 4 play Besler.

Back