• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Three other big WC qualifiers this weekend outside of Concacaf:

France-Netherlands this Thursday. France and Sweden tied atop Group A with 13 pts each, Netherlands in third place with 10 pts. Loser on Thursday (especially if it's Netherlands) at risk of not just not winning group but also of finishing 3rd behind Sweden, missing playoff round, and not qualifying.

Uruguay-Argentina this Thursday. Top 4 in Conmebol qualify, 5th place goes to Inter-confederation playoff round. Uruguay currently in 3rd, Argentina in 5th.

Spain-Italy this Saturday. Tied atop Group G. Loser likely going to have to go through playoff round to qualify.

France-Netherlands this Thursday. France and Sweden tied atop Group A with 13 pts each, Netherlands in third place with 10 pts. Loser on Thursday (especially if it's Netherlands) at risk of not just not winning group but also of finishing 3rd behind Sweden, missing playoff round, and not qualifying.

Uruguay-Argentina this Thursday. Top 4 in Conmebol qualify, 5th place goes to Inter-confederation playoff round. Uruguay currently in 3rd, Argentina in 5th.

Spain-Italy this Saturday. Tied atop Group G. Loser likely going to have to go through playoff round to qualify.

That would be bad if my favorite to win the World Cup (France) didn't qualify. I don't like my odds there

well, at least none of those teams have to play a qualifier at T&T

Big week in Asia as well as they come to the end of this round of qualifying. Def possible Japan or Australia winds up in the CONCACAF-Asia playoff, so let's make sure we finish at least 3rd (think we will, but let's take care of biz)

How many people knew Bolivia had to forfeit two games because they fielded an ineligible player? Their appeal of the decision was rejected today. It is a big deal because Chile gets to keep the forfeited win instead of the original draw.

Wasn't expecting that. The whole thing seemed like a sham to help Argentina out -- figured that would win the day

Decent goals to win a WCQ. Great result for AUS particularly and Japan:

That helps Japan more than anything. They had a tough run in of Australia at home and Saudi away, but now they just need to not lose to the Saudis and they're qualified.

True, but could be a high-pressure game having to go to Saudi. meanwhile as long as Aus beats Thailand at home by a decent margin they should be there -- not a tall task

I'm driving from Winston to Hickory during the match Friday. Does anyone know a radio affiliate that might broadcast the qualifier?

I'm driving from Winston to Hickory during the match Friday. Does anyone know a radio affiliate that might broadcast the qualifier?

Might could catch it on XM but I doubt there's an option outside of that. Unlimited phone data? Find a stream and play over the speakers?

Spending the weekend at Lake Gaston and leaving after school ends Friday. Convinced the wife to stop in Rawleigh on the way so I don't miss the WCQ. Best place to watch?

Spending the weekend at Lake Gaston and leaving after school ends Friday. Convinced the wife to stop in Rawleigh on the way so I don't miss the WCQ. Best place to watch?

London Bridge will have the most US fans to watch with, if that's your definition of best?

Back