• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Nice grab. That first quote was taken on the opening day of last season. Back when I still believed that Lukaku had the heart to be an consistent top drawer striker, and before I realize just how little he contributed in our hold-play. In the Martinez years we just passed the ball horizontally and never asked him to be a CF.

First quote was from March 3rd of this year.

Another interesting day in CONMEBOL, Argentina and Uruguay draw 0-0, Paraguay take 3 points in Chile 3-0 and Peru gets 3 against Bolivia. Second place and eighth place are separated by just 5 points with 3 matches remaining.

Colombia +++++++++3 25pts
Uruguay++++++++++9 24pts
Chile++++++++++++2 23pts
Argentina+++++++++1 23pts
Peru----------------------0 21pts
Paraguay-----------------5 21pts
Ecuador++++++++++1 20pts

Argentina looks good with home matches against Venezuela and Peru and an away match to Ecuador. Probably the easiest set of fixtures left.
Chile plays away to Bolivia and Brasil and home against Ecuador. They are so inconsistent now it's impossible to guess how many points they take.
Uruguay has Paraguay and Venezuela away and Bolivia at home, pretty good chance of 6 points and qualifying.
Colombia has Brazil and Paraguay at home and Peru on the road. They should be safe, but if they slip to Paraguay, things get very interesting for them.

Should come down to the last set of fixtures to determine at least a couple qualifying spots and the playoff spot.

I stopped watching Argentina-Uruguay with about 10 to go. It was clear both were happy just to take a point from last night.

France looked incredible yesterday. I think Mbappe takes Giroud's starting spot by next summer.

Brasky, what's London Bridge like? If I roll in right as the game starts, do you think it will be full?

I have no idea, only been there for a sparsely populated Monday EPL match

I'm also going to roll up right at kickoff with the GF and possibly a friend or three

Brasky's List of Things To Do Today:

1) Make friend
2) Possibly make another friend
3) Possibly make another friend
4) Make up excuses for why I need to leave London Bridge in the middle of the game

Looks like we won't be seeing Ghana in Russia. What a shame!

Is "we" your beautiful family, siff?

iStock_000021378213_Large.jpg

This was us last time we missed a WCQ. Had to watch online.

Back