• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

TYAC wants to see this lineup tonight

G: Guzan

D: Johnson- Bocanegra (c)- Parkhurst- Cherundolo

M: Edu-Jones-Bradley

Wing: Dempsey, Donovan

F: Altidore

TYAC wants to see this lineup tonight

G: Guzan

D: Johnson- Bocanegra (c)- Parkhurst- Cherundolo

M: Edu-Jones-Bradley

Wing: Dempsey, Donovan

F: Altidore

-------------------Guzan
--Dolo------Goodson----Cameron------Castillo
-------------------Edu----------------------
-----------Bradley-----Torres----------------
---Donovan-------------------Dempsey------
-------------------JOZY---------------------

I'd like to see Goodson and Cameron again before qualifying starts. I think one of them could start Friday. I'd also like to see a bit more attacking in CM. Torres over Jones or Edu would be good with Bradley moving more advanced. Almost a 4-2-3-1

I'd love to see Parky at CB. We've seen Cameron. We know Klinsi likes players in the back who are good on the ball and Parky certainly fits that role. I know that he now plays RB, but that's really not his natural position. Maybe Parky to start, with Cameron and Goodson coming on late so we get another look?

I'd love to see Parky at CB. We've seen Cameron. We know Klinsi likes players in the back who are good on the ball and Parky certainly fits that role. I know that he now plays RB, but that's really not his natural position. Maybe Parky to start, with Cameron and Goodson coming on late so we get another look?

Maybe Parkhurst and Goodson to start. I don't see Parkhurst as anything more than a utility sub in qualifying though. Klinsmann hasn't seen Goodson since a great performance against Italy. He has to see minutes today. Also, I totally forgot Jozy isn't 100%. I'm fine with either of Gomez or Boyd starting with Jozy playing the 2nd half.

Who's going to play CB for us during qualifying? From what I've seen, neither Cameron nor Goodson is a permanent solution.

For now, Boca and whoever matches up the best for the given game. Next year you reevaluate once again. I feel pretty sure someone will step up by then. DeMerit didn't truly break into the first team until halfway through the hex last cycle.

Who's going to play CB for us during qualifying? From what I've seen, neither Cameron nor Goodson is a permanent solution.

I don't think anyone has an obvious advantage for the 2nd CB spot. Gooch, Goodson, or Cameron could all be there. I think Cameron could be the future, but that doesn't matter for this round of qualifying. Whoever is playing best will get the start and from what I've seen Klinsmann hasn't decided.

For now, Boca and whoever matches up the best for the given game. Next year you reevaluate once again. I feel pretty sure someone will step up by then. DeMerit didn't truly break into the first team until halfway through the hex last cycle.

Obviously Boca's a given, but right now I don't think anyone is close to being a favorite. Why not put Parky back there? He's got the skills that Klinsi seems to value in a CB

Franco Panizo ‏@FrancoPanizo
My predicted USA starters (4-3-3): Howard; Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Johnson; Jones, Bradley, Torres; Donovan, Gomez, Dempsey.

Solid lineup, though I'm not a Goodson fan. I'm OK with it because we need to see how he fares. More Gomez, please. I'm going with...

US 2
Canada 0

Clearly one of the worst national team badges in history

canadian_soccer_logo1.jpg

-------------------Guzan
--Dolo------Goodson----Cameron------Castillo
-------------------Edu----------------------
-----------Bradley-----Torres----------------
---Donovan-------------------Dempsey------
-------------------JOZY---------------------

I'd like to see Goodson and Cameron again before qualifying starts. I think one of them could start Friday. I'd also like to see a bit more attacking in CM. Torres over Jones or Edu would be good with Bradley moving more advanced. Almost a 4-2-3-1

Do you have Castillo over Johnson just to see what Castillo can bring or do you Castillo is going to start there?

Fuck. Mexico leads Brazil 2-0. We're doomed.

Chicharito with a penalty conversion!

[video=youtube;ONYzTyO8g1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ONYzTyO8g1w[/video]

GDS' goal was either spectacular or really fortunate...

Back