• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Guyana money grab a la schools selling home football games back in the day

Chicharito with 2 of them.

Rooney and Welbeck also scored 2 goals today. RvP didn't score any... SLACKER.

Jamaica equalize on a PK 60'.

It would be really nice if someone else scored. Tie isn't good for us.

Guyana money grab a la schools selling home football games back in the day

Yes, this.

And the management of BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston have been wanting a high profile international match for a while. They were psyched when they got El Tri, although I hear the place didn't even sell out tonight. Kind of surprising.

Why ewww? Was best-case scenario. Now both teams go through with a draw so they won't be desperate to beat us

I only got to see the last 15 minutes tonight. What a shitshow of a pitch that was. I'm pretty sure any one of the players could have laid down with their feet out of bounds and their hands in the box. Classic CONCACAF nonsense, all the way around.

Yeah, I guess. Guat winning is a pretty good one though, and certainly better than a narrow JAM win, IMO. Going on the road I'm sure Guat will very much be playing for the draw.

Either way it's sad we are even worried about such things at this stage of qualifying. Next round won't be easy if we do advance. Glad in a way if Jamaica doesn't join us in the next round since they've already proven they can beat us

That field was an abomination. Imagine if a hockey team decided to allow the ice to partially melt, to negate the speed advantage of a team or a great passing side. What a joke.

Yeah, I guess. Guat winning is a pretty good one though, and certainly better than a narrow JAM win, IMO. Going on the road I'm sure Guat will very much be playing for the draw.

Either way it's sad we are even worried about such things at this stage of qualifying. Next round won't be easy if we do advance. Glad in a way if Jamaica doesn't join us in the next round since they've already proven they can beat us

True story

Back