• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

And please show me that breakdown of Chicharito's goals and where they're scored from. I think he's a good player, but it's hilarious how you sweat his goals/minute when most of them are scored inside 12 yards with no defender in front of him. Take a look at how Jozy scored his versus how Chicharito has. Jozy's goals are far more impressive, though I will still say Chicharito is the better player.

And please show me that breakdown of Chicharito's goals and where they're scored from. I think he's a good player, but it's hilarious how you sweat his goals/minute when most of them are scored inside 12 yards with no defender in front of him. Take a look at how Jozy scored his versus how Chicharito has. Jozy's goals are far more impressive, though I will still say Chicharito is the better player.

I don't even know what that means. Are you giving Jozy credit for doing less impressive work off the ball before it arrives to get into the position to score?

Who cares where on the field a players' goals come from. Chicharito creates space with his movement and then when the ball comes to him he finishes. End of story. He would walk into our starting XI, and you would all be sucking his e-cock if he happened to be born in the USA instead of Mexico. It's fucking absurd that you guys are so very reluctant to give him credit just because he happens to be a Mexican player.

Have you even watched three of their players play 3+ matches in the past year?

Want to double our bet? I'm fairly positive that you and sd3 will be sending me money come the spring of next year.

I'll double that bet right now with you if you want. Bet on the USMNT against Mexico in this Hex. Please. Let your ignorant patriotism cost you money.

I don't even know what that means. Are you giving Jozy credit for doing less impressive work off the ball before it arrives to get into the position to score?

Who cares where on the field a players' goals come from. Chicharito creates space with his movement and then when the ball comes to him he finishes. End of story. He would walk into our starting XI, and you would all be sucking his e-cock if he happened to be born in the USA instead of Mexico. It's fucking absurd that you guys are so very reluctant to give him credit just because he happens to be a Mexican player.

This gets back to an argument I think we've disagreed upon before, so perhaps it doesn't matter. Players on top teams will have better opportunities to make plays. Chicharito has gotten free in front of the goal, in part because his runs, but more so because his teammates draw so much attention. Again, I said Chicharito is the better player, but comparing goals/minute for a player on the best team in his league with that of a guy on the 6-8th best team in the league is foolish. You've seen all of Chicharito's goals I'm sure. Watch Jozy's and tell me his aren't more impressive. Half of Chicharito's are tap ins because the defense got torn up and he was left alone back post or 8 yards out. Jozy has received from outside the penalty area, shaken multiple defenders and finished several times. My guess is Chicharito has not done that once this year.

Want to double our bet? I'm fairly positive that you and sd3 will be sending me money come the spring of next year.

I'll double that bet right now with you if you want. Bet on the USMNT against Mexico in this Hex. Please. Let your ignorant patriotism cost you money.

I think you ignored my question, but I'm not doubling our bet. I'm quite content with what we decided on. If I wanted to throw down money, I'd make more betting on the group outright. But LOL at calling me patriotic. I may love US soccer, but I'm no patriot.

Are people trying to debate that a guy who was benched by Klinsi for Herc Gomez is better than a guy getting starts and scoring goals for fun at Man Utd? Come on Jozy's got talent and I'm a huge fan but he hasn't shown he's at that level. Hopefully he starts producing for us again

Here is the stat I was looking for.

• All 29 of Hernandez's league goals have come from inside the penalty area, and 13 of them have come from inside the 6-yard box.

This gets back to an argument I think we've disagreed upon before, so perhaps it doesn't matter. Players on top teams will have better opportunities to make plays. Chicharito has gotten free in front of the goal, in part because his runs, but more so because his teammates draw so much attention. Again, I said Chicharito is the better player, but comparing goals/minute for a player on the best team in his league with that of a guy on the 6-8th best team in the league is foolish. You've seen all of Chicharito's goals I'm sure. Watch Jozy's and tell me his aren't more impressive. Half of Chicharito's are tap ins because the defense got torn up and he was left alone back post or 8 yards out. Jozy has received from outside the penalty area, shaken multiple defenders and finished several times. My guess is Chicharito has not done that once this year.

I didn't compare Chicharito's goals/minute to Jozy, because I can't find those numbers for Jozy. Jozy in in a league where nobody cares enough to keep track of those numbers.

I also find it funny that you, and others, admit Chicharito is a better player and then still fight so hard in Jozy's corner. You knock Chicharito's record by saying his goals are "tap ins" and therefore not impressive.

I'd argue that any goal scored in the Erevidisie is mildly impressive at best.

Here is the stat I was looking for.

• All 29 of Hernandez's league goals have come from inside the penalty area, and 13 of them have come from inside the 6-yard box.

Ok. I knew that and would have put it out there myself.

What's your point with it?

Are people trying to debate that a guy who was benched by Klinsi for Herc Gomez is better than a guy getting starts and scoring goals for fun at Man Utd? Come on Jozy's got talent and I'm a huge fan but he hasn't shown he's at that level. Hopefully he starts producing for us again

I'm just saying Chicharito is greatly overrated by DV7. I think he's a better player than Jozy, but not by that wide a margin. He just fits what United needs, which is a super quick poacher.

I think you ignored my question, but I'm not doubling our bet. I'm quite content with what we decided on. If I wanted to throw down money, I'd make more betting on the group outright. But LOL at calling me patriotic. I may love US soccer, but I'm no patriot.

I don't need to see Mexico play much since last October. I know what they offer. I know what we offer.

They will finish well clear of us in the Hex.

I'm just saying Chicharito is greatly overrated by DV7. I think he's a better player than Jozy, but not by that wide a margin. He just fits what United needs, which is a super quick poacher.

Stop using me as a caveat and judge the players for themselves.

Chicharito shits on Jozy. He is a much better player than him.

Ok. I knew that and would have put it out there myself.

What's your point with it?

My point is a poacher would not have the same success/stats with a team that doesn't score the most goals in their league. He'd also not have a whole lot of success on a US team that relies on the forwards creating offense rather than just finishing. Chicharito's success is amplified by his surroundings.

Ah well, this is not going to go anywhere. The results will show throughout qualifying. And I'll get to see it in person on March 26th @ Azteca. Can't wait.

My point is a poacher would not have the same success/stats with a team that doesn't score the most goals in their league. He'd also not have a whole lot of success on a US team that relies on the forwards creating offense rather than just finishing. Chicharito's success is amplified by his surroundings.

So, you are saying that the creative players on Mexico are superior than those on the USMNT?

And again, I love the argument against a foward as "he is just a poacher. he only scores goals."

Oh, ok. Damn him?

Ah well, this is not going to go anywhere. The results will show throughout qualifying. And I'll get to see it in person on March 26th @ Azteca. Can't wait.

I hope we win down there.

We all know that we won't. Let's hope for a draw.

I for one do not think Wednesday will go well. Honduras have been on an absolute roll since the Olympics and it seems like that has become an even tougher place to play with them moving their games to the day.

A draw would be a fantastic result but I don't see us even getting that. Hope I'm wrong

Back