• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS)

I'm not complaining just saying his character definitely was bald then had hair. It's possible he was originally bald the whole time, but as t stands now he's both.

Vader was a complete badass and the rebels were so desperate to get the plans to Leia's ship. A quick cameo to R2D2 and C3PO would have been a shift in tone. Keep in mind, C3PO didn't even know who Leia was when he saw the hologram. It made more sense to show them about to get on the ship rather than on the ship.

I always thought that he was not being completely truthful about not knowing who Leia was when Luke found the hologram.

Seems weird a protocol droid wouldn't know the "daughter" of the king of Alderaan

Saw it again a second time last night. The one big hole for me, and this may have been mentioned on here as I wasn't actively keeping up with it for fear of spoilers, is at the end didn't the plan transmission get beamed up to the Ackbar-looking dude's ship, and didn't he make the jump to lightspeed with the smaller ships? I'm pretty sure he was the one saying let's get out of here. And if he didn't, wouldn't at least somebody hang around to make sure the ship with the plans made it out of there? And only one rebel ship of the hundreds up there managed to received the transmission, and that one just happened to be the one that became immobile and got left behind?

Others made the jump, but Vader's Star Destroyer then came out of lightspeed and cockblocked the admiral's ship from making the jump. Then Vader took his shuttle over as a boarding party.

Others made the jump, but Vader's Star Destroyer then came out of lightspeed and cockblocked the admiral's ship from making the jump. Then Vader took his shuttle over as a boarding party.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure they said something about the rebel frequencies for transmitting data all being blocked early in the fight. So if that was still the case it only got to that ship because it was on empire comms in the first place. Not sure if the shield going down changed that reality or not.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure they said something about the rebel frequencies for transmitting data all being blocked early in the fight. So if that was still the case it only got to that ship because it was on empire comms in the first place. Not sure if the shield going down changed that reality or not.

Yeah I thought the fact that the rebel frequencies were blocked was the reason they had to get the shield down.

Just saw last night. I'm in the meh camp I think.

Really slow to get going, and none of that slowness helped develop any characters. Just too much going on. Also awful CGI, the Akbars bothered me the most. The final battle and tie in to ANH was dope though. B- I guess.

after more time to reflect i'm a bit more down on the movie. the first half seemed like a waste. the end, particularly the last scene, was pretty incredible -- they should have spent more of the movie building up to that.

after more time to reflect i'm a bit more down on the movie. the first half seemed like a waste. the end, particularly the last scene, was pretty incredible -- they should have spent more of the movie building up to that.

Yeah, this. First half of the movie was pretty bad. Good ending.

Yeah, this. First half of the movie was pretty bad. Good ending.

I really liked it. Glad they did the CGI characters, even if some of them didn't look the best. But it was cool to see some of the fighters worked in. Kind of extra poignant now with Carrie Fisher's passing. And you can definitely hear the age in JEJ's voice.

Excited to go back and watch IV now.

Back