• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

I saw that on Reddit this morning and was saddened to learn that it's a thing that happens. What's wrong with people?

You’d think journalists would go to these sold out showings and actually talk to people instead of telling a story based on ticket sales and propaganda.

Did you catch the shit last week where a whole bunch of twitter trolls started claiming the AC wasn't working in theater rooms showing only this movie? Or camera malfunctions? I swear these people are paid by someone to amplify this shit.

Perpetual pretend victimhood.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was astroturfing this film but I wish media outlets were astute enough to look for evidence.

Perpetual pretend victimhood.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was astroturfing this film but I wish media outlets were astute enough to look for evidence.

Seems like it would be pro forma for these films made by Bible thumping loons.

Not to be confused with asstroturfing. Entirely different. DO NOT GOOGLE

Also, gastroturfing. Less damaging to goggle.*

*I have NOT googled either term. Any long term psychological trauma is on you. #seacrestout #rogersends #RIPTiborBialy

Just saw someone on Facebook who bought 10 tickets to the movie that someone else could claim for free. He posted a link to the studio website.

Thanks to Angels in our network who have Paid It Forward, we have a limited number of free tickets available to see Sound of Freedom in theaters.

To request a free ticket:

1. Enter your zip code and choose a date.
2. Select a showtime.
3. Follow the prompts to request your free ticket.

So yeah, that's a way to astroturf the movie straight from the studio. I've never seen anything like that for another film.

omg, the NYTimes actually published the guy who has openly admitted to manufacturing the CRT panic, I'm sure his opinions on DEI are super good faith, though.

New York Times Pitchbot: NYT execs flabbergasted why Republicans still hate them after only publishing content from r/TheDonald

Back