• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

Maybe if dude asked for a plain burger he would not have been hit with the $32 upcharge for lettuce/tomato

David Brooks is the absolute worst.
Yeah. I used to think he was at least smart albeit always wrong, like a junebug type. I recently watched a news hour segment with him and he was just a bumbling idiot. Maybe it's his age, but it seems more like he's always been more of an angus but a better actor.

Yeah. I used to think he was at least smart albeit always wrong, like a junebug type. I recently watched a news hour segment with him and he was just a bumbling idiot. Maybe it's his age, but it seems more like he's always been more of an angus but a better actor.
He's everything wrong with the modern republican party. A bunch of old white male morons who pretend the party hasn't lost its fucking mind and still vote party lines due to "economic issues" despite zero evidence that current republican policies create good economic conditions.

Ha that's like some country club guys I know pushing a text chain about Shadow Creek going from $1,000 to $1,250 for a round of golf and blaming inflation, using it as an example of the economy being a disaster...

Politico (now owned by a right-wing German media conglomerate) posts article saying that we don't need to worry about Trump becoming a dictator right away, it'll take him some time to get there, and he'll do it slowly and not all at once. How comforting.

Politico (now owned by a right-wing German media conglomerate) posts article saying that we don't need to worry about Trump becoming a dictator right away, it'll take him some time to get there, and he'll do it slowly and not all at once. How comforting.

What I saw in Turkey over the course of two decades of Tayyip Erdogan’s rule — working as a journalist for much of that time — is that building a dictatorship takes a long time. Similarly in Poland and Hungary, illiberal governments have needed years to chip away at the rule of law. There is a particular rhythm and process to dismantling a democracy, a kind of incubation period for despotism: There are laws to change, institutions to dismantle, alliances to build. With a concerted effort by Trump, the incubation period could be squeezed into eight more consecutive years, but not four.

To be fair, Trump had something of a head start during his first term, appointing an impressive number of federal judges, tipping the balance of power in the Supreme Court, promoting MAGA-aligned media as an alternative source of reality, denying election results, and lately, claiming immunity from laws even after leaving office. But he is still a long way off from achieving total control over U.S. institutions, media and the judiciary, or building the kind of social consensus he’d need to reign as an autocrat.

It's cute of them to pretend this started with Trump.

"Please ignore the years of dismantling of institutions by Republicans that led directly to Trump."

It literally lists "the Judiciary" as an obstacle to Trump. lololol.

Hitler took his time too.

yeah, you do a double of top-end bourbon at the airport it will fucking cost you! the burger and fries, maybe $20-25, max. he prob also included the tip, which is erroneous because that is outside of the cost of the dinner. tip, is usually, per the choice of the consumer (none, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, etc.).

just another douchebag being douchey...

he's not wrong

i went out to eat for a date night last week at a restaurant frequent but havent been too in a few months and it was like $160 when it used to bee around $120/$130

Back