• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

they are really going down and fighting for [Redacted] until the bitter end

just admit that you made a mistake and that he's not a good coach

Because that could result in a lawsuit. You just can't badmouth a former employee without opening yourself to a lawsuit. No reason to do that.

Because that could result in a lawsuit. You just can't badmouth a former employee without opening yourself to a lawsuit. No reason to do that.
Haha, no. When has a recently fired sports coach ever sued his former employer for saying the hire didn't work out and we need to go in a different direction? There are tactful ways to admit you made a mistake as an AD: "We thought (Coach's name) would work out but the on court results did not work out. WE have to move in a different directions for the good of the school."

There is just nothing to be gained by bad-mouthing the former coach. Why even open the door even the slightest bit?

Just thank him for his service, and say we want to go in a different direction. Hell, Ron takes it s step further, and got Grobe and Buzz to agree they will sell it as a resignation, and the coach told RW he needed to bring in new energy. I am not sure I have heard anyone say we made a mistake hiring the former coach. There is just no reason for it. RW certainly never said I made a mistake by hiring Dino, he talked about getting better representatives of the school and more March wins, and felt to do that a new direction was in the best interests. That is factual and OK. Even the Marlins took the high road w/ Ozzie and didn't bash that nutcase. No reason at all to say anything negative or say you made a mistake hiring someone as you push him out the door. Everyone knows the obvious.

Back