• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

Premiere Wellman & Co. think that they can just let Bzz ride away on his high horse after the last 4 years and all should be forgiven and forgotten. Sorry, not happening.

they are really going down and fighting for [Redacted] until the bitter end

just admit that you made a mistake and that he's not a good coach

It's really too bad there's no way to respond to this email in any meaningful way. Any email is just going to be filtered out by some secretary.

In a few years the rolling of the quad for this event will seem quaint. Heck in 1965 Holes fans hung Dean Smith in effigy after a loss to Wake Forest - that seems far more unseemly to me than this. The administration commenting on it and trying to clean it up just makes it a bigger event.

I have had a long business career and participated and experienced quite a few firings. No one likes to see someone fired and their lively hood threatened. More often than not (except when for cause) one should feel compassion and hope that the individual can move on. This is why responsible Organizations have severance to support individuals in their transition. I lost a job I adored to an obnoxious CEO who was threatened by anyone who thought different than he. When he and his cronies were finally fired for the damaged they inflicted on a once proud and successful Organization I partied for days. Fuck em', I said, they got what they deserved. I feel the same way about Bzzzz; fuck him, fuck Wellman and finally fuck Hatch if they fail to see the harm they caused. They corrupted our beloved basketball program by placing it in the hands of sub par leadership and deserved to be chastised for it. Pissed about rolling the Quad? Get over it, they should of expected nothing less. They now have a second chance few get to right the ship with a quality hire and restore OUR Program. Let's hope they rise to the occasion. Dissing the fan base for celebrating the end of era we all want to forget is not a good start.

Students should make rolling the quad on March 20th an annual tradition. Never forget the end of these dark ages.

I have had a long business career and participated and experienced quite a few firings. No one likes to see someone fired and their lively hood threatened. More often than not (except when for cause) one should feel compassion and hope that the individual can move on. This is why responsible Organizations have severance to support individuals in their transition. I lost a job I adored to an obnoxious CEO who was threatened by anyone who thought different than he. When he and his cronies were finally fired for the damaged they inflicted on a once proud and successful Organization I partied for days. Fuck em', I said, they got what they deserved. I feel the same way about Bzzzz; fuck him, fuck Wellman and finally fuck Hatch if they fail to see the harm they caused. They corrupted our beloved basketball program by placing it in the hands of sub par leadership and deserved to be chastised for it. Pissed about rolling the Quad? Get over it, they should of expected nothing less. They now have a second chance few get to right the ship with a quality hire and restore OUR Program. Let's hope they rise to the occasion. Dissing the fan base for celebrating the end of era we all want to forget is not a good start.

pos rep

Rolling the Quad should be reserved for celebrations not resignations. Having said that, it is a serious statement about how unhappy folks have been with the state of the Program.

I'm certain his email to the whole community admonishing Ron and Buzz for throwing Dino under the bus just got stuck in his "drafts" folder. Computers, man, how do those work?

Dan has said repeatedly he heard some things about Dino that brought about the end to his tenure, and I suspect he had some pretty decent sources, In fairness, he has asked Dino for his position and side before publishing anything. Dino has never responded. Should tell us something.

Anyway, time to move on. And hope RW has called Shaka and that he will call us back.

Rolling the Quad should be reserved for celebrations not resignations. Having said that, it is a serious statement about how unhappy folks have been with the state of the Program.

I agree.

Ron should be happy, we are celebrating a decision he made. What's his problem?

Shaka has a lot of class. My guess is he would disapprove, as apparently do most all outsiders to the situation. It just looks pretty bad and classless, and the opinions and items written by non-Wake people seeing it are largely just that. Just how it is. That is how many outside our program view it. Like a bunch of immature, whiny brats. I'm happy we have moved on, but there is much to be said for the high road.....

Shaka has a lot of class and is very smart. Smart enough to recognize what a dumpster fire this had become. I'm sure he is unphased by the whole incident and understands that college kids are college kids. He will have 2.5 to 3 million reasons not to care about it.

Back