• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

I may be bitter, but the fact the Facebook page just said "clean up the quad" as if the toilet paper were just litter irks me. It's like the whole athletic department has sanctioned who is the "better" group of fans.

Definitely not surprising. It's not like this whole "be classy, we are better than other schools" started with Buzz. Of course it wasn't going to end with him.

I'm not forgiving Ron Wellman until he sends someone over to vacuum my living room. Either him or jaybone.

Wellman and his sycophants have deemed the fans the enemy. Sadly, it would appear some of the student athletes bought into this line of thinking. Deprogramming might be necessary, like when someone is rescued from a cult.

When's the support group meeting? Good Lord. We're well into Orwellian territory with all this Wake Forest Way propaganda

So Bzz is out and rightfully so but the players aren't reacting exactly as you would like for them too and now it's time to attack them? Do I have that right?

All I see is some TP in the trees and a bunch of people attacking the fans. Bitching in an echo chamber on the boards doesn't really count in real life. You realize this, right?

Seems a little bit hypocritical to quote a player who may be asked by the AD or new coach to transfer.

So Bzz is out and rightfully so but the players aren't reacting exactly as you would like for them too and now it's time to attack them? Do I have that right?

Not particularly, but the reading comprehension of the culture warriors has consistently proven to be terrible.

I'm saying that adopting Bdzelik's perpetual victimized worldview is as unbecoming on the players (in this case, one player) as it was on Bzzzz himself.

WF Facebook account has the obvious PR photos up from the cleanup. Great jerb.

Wow. I don't have a problem with people taking down the TP per se--it is great that we have students who feel strongly. It is a bit appalling that the University would take a stance instead of just letting it be and moving on.

Hey, if the WF public relations team just happens to be out on a stroll with a camera and some student athletes just happen to be out with some landscaping equipment and decide to clean up some litter on the quad, who's to say the WF PR team shouldn't take a photo and share that spontaneous moment? #TWFW

This screwing with players because they don't dump on Bz's yard is strange stuff. Did you guys think they were going to throw you a parade or what? They think you're assholes. That can't be the first time you've faced that. It really shouldn't hurt your feelings this much.

Hatch, Let me get this straight - you were too busy over the last 4 years to do anything while our dumpster fire of a revenue-producing #1 sport was smoldering but now you have time in your schedule to concern yourself with a few students having some fun with toilet paper? what a joke. go back to sleep

I may be bitter, but the fact the Facebook page just said "clean up the quad" as if the toilet paper were just litter irks me. It's like the whole athletic department has sanctioned who is the "better" group of fans.

thanks for the heads up

Hatch's email and the facebook post are incredibly unnecessary. They ought to just let this all blow over. This has extended the new cycle.

Clean it up, fine. I get that. But do it quietly. The angry kids got to vent. We have a long time till next season, and we'll all be ok then.

Oh so now all of a sudden Hatch cares about sports. Cute.
Buzz or no buzz, the place still needs to be burnt to the ground.

This is the most responsive Hatch has been to Wake basketball in 4 years. Thanks, Nathan!

Back