• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I mean, not really. He redshirted one year. He broke his leg one year and one year was shortened Covid.

Yeah they would. He's on track for 48 games this season. Next year would be his 6th year playing college QB and he could get 60+ games.

Yeah they would. He's on track for 48 games this season. Next year would be his 6th year playing college QB and he could get 60+ games.
I wasn’t including next year. Ending this year would put him at basically being a full-time starter for four years which is rare but not unheard of or impossible.

I mean, not really. He redshirted one year. He broke his leg one year and one year was shortened Covid.
For reference, Hartman is currently #3 in ACC history in total plays with 1918. Kenny Pickett #1 with 2090 and Philip Rivers #2 with 1962.

If Hartman played another year he’d have way more plays than anyone in conference history.

if I’m Hartman, ideally I go for a combination of #1 and #4 (lesser academics and crowd size aside). If Wake can pull together a sizeable NIL deal, I come back and try to win an ACC championship and break all the ACC QB records in the process.

I wasn’t including next year. Ending this year would put him at basically being a full-time starter for four years which is rare but not unheard of or impossible.
wfu22 was saying the records Hartman would set next year would have an asterisk.

As is, Hartman could definitely finish #1 in ACC history in total plays. He needs 172 and he had 167 the last two weeks.

wfu22 was saying the records Hartman would set next year would have an asterisk.

As is, Hartman could definitely finish #1 in ACC history in total plays. He needs 172 and he had 167 the last two weeks.
Fair. I misread. I was arguing on Reddit last night with someone saying his current records shouldn’t count because of games played so that’s on my mind.

For reference, Hartman is currently #3 in ACC history in total plays with 1918. Kenny Pickett #1 with 2090 and Philip Rivers #2 with 1962.

If Hartman played another year he’d have way more plays than anyone in conference history.
think we had around 90+ plays yesterday

could break it without needing another year

Fair. I misread. I was arguing on Reddit last night with someone saying his current records shouldn’t count because of games played so that’s on my mind.
Well Reddit is full of dumbasses who don't know Wake sports and won't just look up sports-reference.

From what I can tell, we have very little NIL money. Which makes sense, since we are dealing with a small pool of accessible money and a big shot donor can donate ~2x to the Deacon Club than NIL because the former is tax deductible, and there don’t seem to be many legitimate advertising opportunities that would at least have some ROI (especially with our small fanbase).

That sweet OG Boards NIL

I saw a ranking of the top dozen or so estimated NIL deals in college fb, and Sam was as listed around #7 at
$750K.
That's the thing about NIL; there is $$ spread amongst players from a "collective", or there's just a random guy who really likes Player X and decides he wants to cut a check specifically for that player.
The "true" applications of NIL as originally structured is found mostly amongst female athletes who have a nice hiney and are semi-decent at their sports, and thus are able to monetize that to their benefit with actual creative property and social media. Most of the guys getting major NIL $$ are strictly pay-to-play, i.e. money on fthe front end to either attend or stay at School ABC, with little need for them to promote anything.

Probably. What sources would Ballou have to tell him that?

I wish him well whatever he does. He’s a born color man or announcer, so whatever he does before then needs to be fun for him.

BTW, there’s basically no chance Hartman would start at Georgia next year. Way less of a chance than Newman had.

whoa, Sam is pulling $750k this year?

and yeah, Sam is good but I see a handful of guys as good as him every Saturday — he is defs a beneficiary of the system and WRs

Nothing wrong with a good QB who works within a system, but we've had better and should have better QBs in the future. That's another way the program is going to grow.

whoa, Sam is pulling $750k this year?

and yeah, Sam is good but I see a handful of guys as good as him every Saturday — he is defs a beneficiary of the system and WRs
my guess is the $750k is an estimate of his “open market” value

Hartman would make more money in college via the open market than he would in the NFL as a late round pick or (more likely) an UDFA.

Back