• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Sam has a lot of good options I think. He’s been a great player and rep of our school and I welcome him back or wish him well, whatever ends up happening

What a great young man. Not that he needs our advice but what would you do if you were him?

1) Reverse course where you are and rewrite ACC passing record books

2) Go pro and try your luck now

3) Go start at Stanford or some other better school and lose a bunch next fall.

4) Go start at a lesser academic school and play in front of 80k every week—Georgia, Florida or some such.

5) Call it a career and and start the real world.

All seem like plausible and good options for all of his various skills and talents.

I would choose (4). We have definitely entered the era where folks can transfer from Wake—even our legends—and we still root for them.

I am curious what you folks would do if you were him.

Congrats Sam on doing all you promised to do at Wake Forest. It was fun to watch.
6) Star on The Bachelor

Nothing wrong with a good QB who works within a system, but we've had better and should have better QBs in the future. That's another way the program is going to grow.
Who, other than Riley?

I really don't get this either. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!!
Since I’m married to an equine vet, I just want to relay that you should always do a prepurchase exam on a horse. Even a free one. At a minimum check out it’s teeth and feet. Medical care on a horse can cost thousands so it’s best to get them checked out in advance.

I don't see why Sam would go to another "big time" program for a year and risk the Jamie Newman experience. Their circumstances are very different, but the reality is any of those big programs will likely have another quarterback on the roster gunning for him and a very impatient fanbase. One year of NIL money isn't worth it unless the NFL report comes back saying he has no chance of being drafted/making a roster, which I don't believe.

Brock Purdy was the last QB taken in the 2022 draft and he makes $934K annually. Think its going to be a tough decision for Sam. Would love for him to ball out the next 2 games.

As a UF fan, I'd be happy if Hartman played there next year. That could be fun.

As a UF fan, I'd be happy if Hartman played there next year. That could be fun.
I wouldn't blame Sam for trying a bigger program as stated above, there is a risk. Just like Newman though, I would miss seeing him play at Wake and will root for him wherever he goes. He's given Wake everything he's got.

I would not go to another school if I was Hartman. I think Wake’s offense does a great job of maximizing his strengths.

Of course, for $1-2M per year, maybe it would be worth it even if he failed.

just trying to read the tea leaves, seems like he’s going pro if he gets a good assessment with florida (hopefully with a 7-figure nil deal) as the backup plan if his chances of securing an nfl contract are low.

Why Florida? Is there something to it? If so, who else is considering Florida? Why are the rumors starting before the season is even over?

Why Florida? Is there something to it? If so, who else is considering Florida? Why are the rumors starting before the season is even over?
Because the portal opens December 5 and there are murmurs that SEC schools are sniffing around WF’s talent

Back