• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Samuel Japhet-Mathias

Manning is passing out scholarships like they are candy and this is the player we recruit? I hope he is better than that video because I am not impressed.

Isn't he the highest rated recruit for next year? If you're going to criticize there are a few others who may "deserve" it more.

Definitely more highly regarded than John Collins on the circuit.

He's not going to play a big role next year and luckily he doesn't need to. A year or two in a college S&C program will be huge for him. He's a gigantic person with a 7'3" wingspan. If he gets that baby hook working and can eat some space on defense he'll be more than fine.

I am no expert but I thought he looked like he had really soft hands and a good feel around the basket. I also thought his court vision and passing looked to be strengths. I think he will be a decent player for us. Hopefully he can consistently hit his free throws. That would be a welcome change from the last couple years.

He's not going to play a big role next year and luckily he doesn't need to. A year or two in a college S&C program will be huge for him. He's a gigantic person with a 7'3" wingspan. If he gets that baby hook working and can eat some space on defense he'll be more than fine.

Agree with this. SJM has some measurables that can't be taught. Guys his size often take some time. I wouldn't expect much next year from him. He is going to have to slim up amd that can definitely happen in a college program. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow. He will be a good case study for mannings abilities to grow post players because he is very raw.

Agree with this. SJM has some measurables that can't be taught. Guys his size often take some time. I wouldn't expect much next year from him. He is going to have to slim up amd that can definitely happen in a college program. I'm looking forward to seeing him grow. He will be a good case study for mannings abilities to grow post players because he is very raw.

I agree with this, the potential is obviously there so let's see if Manning can help him live up to it.

Not a hot take, but a buddy of mine's son played on Giles AAU team and won't shut up about this guy. He isn't a Wake fan but thinks SJM is very good.

Manning's ability to develop post players is very encouraging. I'm actually pretty confident about that. I'm worried about everything else.

Manning's ability to develop post players is very encouraging. I'm actually pretty confident about that. I'm worried about everything else.

If Manning is around long enough to develop SJM, it likely means that he's finally figured out the other 98% of his job.

Manning will almost certainly be his coach for at least 2 seasons.

Our front court should be very good over the next 2-3 years.

The 2-3 are the positions that are most worrisome. The 1, 4, and 5 are pretty set. Unfortunately that's 40% of the minutes on the court (obvious Doofus is obvious).

Our front court should be very good over the next 2-3 years.

The 2-3 are the positions that are most worrisome. The 1, 4, and 5 are pretty set. Unfortunately that's 40% of the minutes on the court (obvious Doofus is obvious).

Screw it, let's just play 4 bigs and do a box and 1 defense or something.

Unless Moore develops better stamina, we will need him to play at least a moderate role next year. We don't have any other big other than Moore and Collins, do we? And Collins isn't a center.

Unless Moore develops better stamina, we will need him to play at least a moderate role next year. We don't have any other big other than Moore and Collins, do we? And Collins isn't a center.

Dinos, Collins and Moore are going to play a vast majority of the 4/5. In emergencies I guess Donovan Mitchell could play some 4 as well against teams that feature 1 post.

You think Donovan Mitchell will play?

Back